No announcement yet.

Neuro-ophthalmologist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neuro ophthalmologist actually diagnosed my ms, and the neurologist i was sent to didn't question the the diagnosis, he's so well thought of in the area.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hi, I think anyone that has MS and eye problems see a neuro opthamologist because you get a much more in depth consultation. (forgetting words at the moment ) I found out I had MS when I went totally blind in my right eye in 4 days.

I went to an opthamologist because I thought I had an infection from spring cleaning the garage and yard. He said he could not diagnose me and to go to the ER at WVU, an hour from where I lived ASAP.

I went and was diagnosed with optic neuritis. I could not see the big E on the eye chart. I spent 4 days in the hospital getting 4 rounds of IV steroids a day for all 4 days. I could see some when I left the hospital and continued taking steroids in pill form. The doc said my vision would go back to 20/40 or 20/30 at best. I went back to 20/20 for about 5 years.

I see the neuro opthamologist once a year now and my vision has gotten to where I need reading glasses for small print once in a while. For the person that said they didnt know the difference between the docs and/or if they know about MS...YES they know A LOT about MS.

Their equipment can see the optic nerve behind your eye and the lesion that I have on it. They dont just see MS patients but can do so much more for people with different problems than regular eye docs.

I wish you the best of luck with your appointment and plan on being there for a few hours. Take someone with you to drive you home because your eyes will be dialated.

Comment

Originally posted by kmjns2 View Post
        Take someone with you to drive you home because your eyes will be dialated.
        Good point to bring up! When my initial appt ws made i was advised to bring a beverage, snacks (long tests) & a sweater (?!) - guess it gets chilly in that ofc sometimes.

Bring a driver & sunglasses, although they probably have a disposable pair to give you. I personally like to wear the disposable pair in addition to my regular sunglasses when my eyes are dialated.
        DX 10/2008
        Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
        Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
        X