Weightloss CheckinGroup: Weighin for 6/23/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss CheckinGroup: Weighin for 6/23/11

Hi Everyone. I’m so sorry I’m late. I was just getting things together when we had a major power outage and were without power for 24 hours. My neighbor kindly unplugged the computer for me as he should have and just restored it a few minutes ago. He also hooked my refrigerator/freezer to a generator so I didn’t lose food and most importantly Rebif. What an event. I will try to hurry this through. I am still at 114 lbs so stayed the same.

Sparky, that is great that you are holding your own. And to continue being under 130 is real progress. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry about your gain, but you have had a lot going on. Sorry about your spell of sleepiness. You are probably just catching up. That larynx procedure could not have been any fun. Take care.

MamaBug, Good for you for losing a pound. And your total is truly awesome. You have really come a long way. You will look terrific at your reunion. Keep plugging away.

Agate, that’s great that you are back on track. I am sure you will lose those last five pounds. What an accomplishment.

Hunterd, sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is O.K.

CCsitter, sorry we missed you this week and hope you are well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over eight years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week:

With respect to food cravings, protein such as skinless chicken or turkey, fish, eggs, or low-fat cheese is helpful. “Protein helps to control blood sugar patterns and can help prevent food cravings,” Anding says. Foods containing protein also help you feel fuller by stimulating production of cholecystokinin (CKK), a naturally occurring appetite suppressant. And by choosing lean sources, you put a cap on calories.

Weight loss Results for 6/16/11:

Total Loss:

3.5 pounds by three members. That is an impressive total. There will no doubt be other successes to come. Just keep up the good work whether it is losing or maintaining.

Total Gain:

1.2 pounds by one member. Good for you for reporting. Reporting gains is an important part of the process. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the future. Good luck.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As you know, staying the same truly is success. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

3129.18 is the total weight loss for the past 8+ years. Now that we have hit 1.5 tons we are on our way to losing two tons.

June 15 - 22; Lost 2.4 lbs

June 15 - 22; Lost 2.4 lbs
    40 weeks: Total weight loss since September -- 51.2 lbs (Average per week: 1.28 lbs)

I passed the 50-lb weight loss mark this week. My original goal was to lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks. I lost 50+ pounds in 40 weeks.

In those 50 weeks, I have also gone from a size 20 or 22 to a size 12. I have lost 10" in my waist, and 5" or 6" in my hips. Amazing that we lose all over. I have to take neck measurements to calculate body fat percentage, and I've even lost inches in my neck. hee, hee.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry i didn't post last week. Flu bug had me. On a positive note, you'd be amazed at how much weight you lose if you don't eat for six days!!!!!!! I' ve managed to shrink a full shirt size ( and some ). I hope to keep going.

Dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

WOW MAMABUG! You're my inspiration! gotta get serious on this up/down like you did and i'd be happy with even half that!!!

hunterd, what a hard way to lose the weight! but i'm sure you don't mind the lose of weight. 'weigh' to go! hope you're better now.

following mamab's advice and splurged and actually lost .8 lbs since mon!!! (actually more but that's week total)

finally almost on a regular sleep mode. as regular as i get. dr. upped meds to help me regulate out my sleep.

cc, i miss ya too!
        take care everyone!
        God bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

lol, Pooh.

lol, Pooh. It's not as impressive as it looks. My weight loss, although it tends to average fairly consistently from month to month (4-6 pounds per month), varies a lot from one week to the next.

From June 2 - 9 : 0.6 lbs
          From June 9 - 16(two week total): 1.0 lbs
          From June 16 - 23: 2.4 lbs

Total in 4 weeks: 4.0 lbs. So, this month is actually on the low end of what I usually average, not high. Only one good week out of 4.

So, although it looks like I lost a lot this week, I only averaged a pound a week this month (down, slightly, from my usual 1.3 lb weekly average).

~ Faith
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Pooh -- WTG on the splurge and the recent weight loss.

It actually takes some courage to splurge when you're gaining, or not losing, because we're afraid we'll gain more. It sounds counter-productive. But, it works for me! Glad it worked for you.

In addition to easing the fear your body had of starvation, the other thing that increasing calories does is to "change" things.
            I'm a big believer in the "change it up" concept. If your weight loss is stuck, do something different. Although that could involve eating less or exercising more (only if that's what your body needs), it can also involve eating more or exercising less.
            Or eating differently (ie: increase your daily fat grams/particularly add more "good", healthy fats; change the proportion of carbs and proteins/if you eat too many carbs, decrease them/but if you've been eating low-carb, change it for awhile).
            Or, exercising differently (ie: less cardio/more strength training; or interval training; or biking instead of walking; or add yoga; or whatever).
            "Change it up!"
            lol -- Funny that I'm giving exercise advice; I hardly exercise at all. But, I read a lot about weight loss, even though I pick and choose what advice I follow. Maybe it will help someone else.

~ Faith
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I gained a pound this week. Back at 114.

Now that my teeth have been fixed up to some extent, eating is a whole new experience....
              MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

checkin in for 6/30

happy to report I have not gained and I'm maintaing my goal weight would like to drop a few more lbs so I can splurge when the holidays get here lol

hope everyone is doing well we can do it just don't give up no matter how long it takes. when you take those lbs off slow they are easier to keep off.

yall have a great week tc love and hugs to all
                God Bless

Comment

It's time to weigh in again. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X