Don't know where to turn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know where to turn!

I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING CRAZY! IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THERE'S SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY! I HAVE SECONDARY PROGRESSIVE AND TAKE BOTOX INJECTIONS FOR SPASMS IN MY LEGS. I ALSO TAKE BACLOFEN (3 tabsq3x), VICODIN (2q4hrsprn),HTCZ(lowest dosage),SENNA(for severe constipation. 3at bed), MIRALAX(daily),LAMICTAL (2,2x). I NOT TAKING ANY MEDS FOR MS BECAUSE OF SIDE EFFECT PROBLEMS I HAVE HAD.WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS
    NOW MY QUESTIONS
    1 -DOES ANYONE HAVE SEVERE HEAD PAIN? MY DR. SENT ME FOR OCCIPITAL NERVE INJECTIONS sent me for AND, IT WORKED FOR [B]A WHOLE DAY, WOW!NOW THE PAIN IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE! DOES ANY HAVE THIS PROBLEM OR CAN MAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2 -DR. WANTS TO PUT ME ON BACLOFEN PUMP. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT IT FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE? SIDE EFFECTS, RESTRICTIONS, ETC?

3 -THIS IS ONE THAT I'M NOT SURE IF ANYONE WILL HAVE AN ANSWER TO. I AM A PASTOR AND CONTINUE TO MINISTER WEEKLY TO MY CONGREGATION AND PERFORM WEDDINGS AND ALL THE OTHER DUTIES OF A PASTOR. MY PROBLEM IS THIS, THERE ARE PEOPLE IN MY CONGREGATION WHO THINK, JUST BECAUSE I HAVE DAYS WHEN I DON'T FEEL WELL, THE CHURCH CAN'T BE EFFECTIVE! HOW DO YOU CONVINCE THE PEOPLE YOU WORK FOR AND, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES THAT'S WHAT I DO, THAT YOU CAN CONTINUE TO GIVE QUALITY SERVICE AND STILL TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF?

THANK YOU EVERYONE I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP! I PRAY YOU ARE ALL WELL AND, IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU KNOW THAT I AM HERE FOR YOU AS WELL!
    "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose."
    Romans 8:28

Here is a good place to turn. MSW is a wonderful support group, as should your church family be also.
    no answers on the physical problems. but as a minister's wife it bothers me that you're not getting a lot of support. i'm sorry to hear this & am praying for you. don't know what church, but do you have elders or someone(s) you answer to that you can discuss this with? tell them your concerns & assure them you are fulfilling your duties as best you can.
    maybe give them a chance to air their concerns. maybe they see problems you're missing.?
    communication is the key. we've always been upfront about my condition. of course, i'm secondary, but still a lot of expectations of me. we're blessed w/ a loving church that understands & helps out when i can't.
    i pray that things go better for you. may GOd bless you as you strive to serve Him.
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Gentle gentle HUGS my dear Rev. What I may suggest is setting boundaries and telling people what they NEED to know.. and/or how to respect your wishes..needs..boundaries. Perhaps you are already doing that. But I also find in "some" church groups..folks are just plain gossipy..liking to a soap opera..geez.

What the heck are Occipital eye injections? Where? IN the eyeball?

You "might" be having a spinal problem..IN the neck area that presses on lots of nerves right UP to the head area..try a massage.. or chiropractor that does NOT manipulate vertebrae but uses the B.E.S.T technique..with finger only.

Gosh.. how maddening to have this kind of pain. I had the headache from, excuse me, HELL while in the hospital in March for an exacerabation. It locked up my neck muscles..my facial nerves and ALL my teeth nerves includin my jaw and lips were ON FIRE..burning.. till the pain shot UP from the base of my skull in back up to top of head in back. My neuro thought for sure cervical lesions but nope.. it was cervical stenosis..and bulging discs.

It stopped with continuous use of oxycodone. But I am seeing my ortho guy this week..

Hope you feel better soon my dear..let us know ok?

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Please Read...

RevAdelle wrote:
        3 -THIS IS ONE THAT I'M NOT SURE IF ANYONE WILL HAVE AN ANSWER TO. I AM A PASTOR AND CONTINUE TO MINISTER WEEKLY TO MY CONGREGATION AND PERFORM WEDDINGS AND ALL THE OTHER DUTIES OF A PASTOR. MY PROBLEM IS THIS, THERE ARE PEOPLE IN MY CONGREGATION WHO THINK, JUST BECAUSE I HAVE DAYS WHEN I DON'T FEEL WELL, THE CHURCH CAN'T BE EFFECTIVE! HOW DO YOU CONVINCE THE PEOPLE YOU WORK FOR AND, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES THAT'S WHAT I DO, THAT YOU CAN CONTINUE TO GIVE QUALITY SERVICE AND STILL TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF?
        Remember when we feel our weakness and pains, the 'door' is always open...we just have to 'remember' to make our way BACK through it *prayers to you and yours*

Again...from your OWN post:

"All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose."
        ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
        dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

Thank you!!

This old Pastor is sitting here in tears (of joy!) Jan and Poohbear what a blessing you are!! Thank you both for letting me know that you are praying for me! That meant more to me than TORRIDS of advice! I know The Lord will get me through this and I will NEVER stop serving Him that is not an option!

Yes, I do have a very dear Pastor friend who just went through a similar struggle with cancer and chemo (Praise God it's gone!). We talk a lot and she gives me support but says that "this is a different ball game then what she went through." Don't know that I understand what she means by that but that's OK.

Jan, an Occipital Nerve injection goes into the back of the head, mine in the bony area just above the end of the skull. There is the occipital nerve that runs up over the top of the head and causes these kinds of headaches. Your headache sounded absolutely terrible!

Well, my friends, I have carried on long enough thank you and I pray you will stay in touch. You are in my prayers as well. May God bless you as you minister!
          In His Service,
          Rev. Adelle

Comment

WOW Adelle we have a lot in common I do believe and I do not necessarily mean with MS.

If you want to PM me I will give you my email address...if..you want to write more personally.

I am truly interested in these occipital injections..not to have them ..but to inquire.

Hope you are feeling better and more supported.

Lessons..so many lessons.

Warmly, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Would love to talk Jan

My email is *****E-MAIL ADDRESS REMOVED AS PER OUR GUIDELINES. YOU MAY PUT IT IN YOUR PROFILE*****

Comment

Working...
              X