Tight feeling around abdomen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tight feeling around abdomen?

Hi everyone, tomorrow is my urgent ER admission due to eye discomfort, possibly being ON or so I assume.(I'm not diagnosed with MS thus far) but right now I am experiencing some strange more likely stabbing/burning pain the is around my torso, mainly starting from ribs all around abdomen and seems to go more down.I also noticed I have a bit of a tight feeling which makes it a tad hard to breathe due to the pain and discomfort.What could this be?I wonder if it's due to my Lupus as you have such a thing as costochondritis etc(rib cartilage inflammation) but..this is more a pain around the abdomen and not on the ribs itself.It does seem to have a band alike going around my back but not too sure.

sounds like "the hug" to me
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

i'd say so also,yet others have more experience. I had it happen to me twice and it actually happened this a.m. both times i thought ok is this gas? LOL.

literally had to just grab hold of whatever furniture was around me and breath through it.

it blew giving birth out of the water, sorry your in such discomfort. i wish you luck.

what type of lupus do you have if you dont' mind me asking? my mom has it also yet she's been lucky so far and only affects skin she gets rashes and hives and discomfort.
      Jen Dx'd 5/11
      "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

I've been having quite a few attacks of this today myself. After focusing a little more on the pain itself and doing some googling on it, it sounds more like a stomach or pancreatic issue for me. Waiting for a call back from the doc. This is the fourth time I've had it since the gallbladder surgery. The pain is awful, the kind that makes you pace the floor or roll around until it lets up. Does yours make you belch a lot? Just asking for the sake of comparison. This is one of the things that happens when it hits.
        I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow with your ER visit. This is one of those things, for me anyway, because of the level of pain involved and similarity to other, more dangerous health conditions, they need to find the cause for.

Doc is starting with fluids only for one day, then bland diet, then come in to be seen in two days. During this time, he's prescribed meds for bowel spasms. If it gets worse, go to ER. We will see if any of this works and if blood tests show anything like pancreatitis. If not, it's likely more testing will follow.

My best guess based on what I found online. This could be gallbladder, stomach, duodenal, pancreatic, or many other internal organ problems that needs to be ruled out. They all share the same innervation with the diaphragm. It could even be a heart attack.

I've already been taking baclofen and tramadol. Neither one stops it.
          I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Working...
          X