If I put my chin to chest the PAIN is Awful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I put my chin to chest the PAIN is Awful

I don't know how to spell it but it's like le hermittes or something is that what causes this awful pain ? I've never had this problem before but my pain meds are useless . The pain goes down my spine into my shoulders and arms .It hurts all the time but gets way worse if I look down . What can you do about it ? Ice Heat ?? Thank you in advance for any suggestions . I'm taking double dose of vicodin which I've never had to do before .
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

Hi tambrown,

LHermittes when related to MS is caused by lesion(s) on the cervical spinal cord. LHermittes can cause abnormal sensations such as tingling, buzzing/vibrations, and electrical shocks when bending the head down.

These sensations will only last seconds but can be repeated each time you bend your head down. In most cases LHermittes is annoying and rarely causes pain. If pain occurs you can treat the pain but the sensations can still continue.

LHermittes is not exclusive to MS, there are other causes.

I would suggest you see your Neurologist to make sure there is not something going on, other than MS, that is causing your pain.

I have LHermittes. I get vibrations/buzzing from about mid spine down each time I bend my head but LHermittes has never caused any pain for me.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Pain

My partner has had MS since 1983, was in remission from 1986 to 2004 and now has SPMS. He is a very private person so does not go on the websites as me. He experiences excruciating pain in his buttocks when he tilts his head down. He describes it like hooking jumper cables up to his butt. He says he could more or less control it with his head movement, but now it seems to be occurring without manipulating his head. If anyone knows of a way to treat this symptom, please let me know. His doctor says it is not typical in MS to be localized and that this type of pain usually goes down the arms or legs. Well, MS is atypical and so are the symptoms. Thanks, drmarc

Comment

Hello drmarc,

Did your partners doctor do any spine MRIs? He might be dealing with something going on in the spine, other than MS, that could be causing his symptom.

Your description of what your partner is experiencing doesn't sound like LHermittes...as I know it. However, as you mentioned MS can be atypical

It's always important not to assume it's MS until other causes can be ruled out.

What your partner is experiencing sounds very painful, I hope he finds some relief soon
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Snoopy, lol I just found out from MS World how to track my posts and could not find this one. He is having a very bad day today. The pain is debilitating and he can only lay on his back in bed.

You make a good point that it does not always have to be due to MS.

drmarc

Comment

Symptoms

Many of the MS problems are also present for many other ailments. The numbness, tingling, dizziness and tightness in the chest are also present for heart problems. I was getting dizzy and feeling sick at my stomach. I headed towards the bathroom, passed out, fell and split my head open. I went to the emergency room to take care of the split. They kept me there, did all kinds of test, found that I had CHF. I really thought it was nothing but the MS acting up again. I asked the cardiologist how to tell if things were from MS or the heart. He told me I couldn't and to get to the emergency room right away.

Lois

Comment

Working...
            X