Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone ever meet with an ms sw?

hi,

So, tmrw i have an appt to meet w/an ms social worker at my neuro's office. He felt it would be a good idea, it's a woman who comes down from the ms organization.

Anyone ever meet with one? what was that like for you if you did? i heard they have resources etc. so i figured why not go?
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

I think that's a terrific idea! I wonder why no one suggested it to me? It certainlycouldn't hurt you, and I'm sure you'll take back at least one nugget of new information that you didn't know before. Good luck!
    Tawanda

Comment

Sounds great

There is a social worker affiliated with the NYU MS Center, but she has not been particularly helpful. I hope the one you're going to see will be.

Comment

it was a great idea. Sorry you didnt' find it much help. I actually had to cancel, my stepson showed up today early and I had no idea he was coming.

So i am in lockdown with two kids and a tutor in the house..... lol.

maybe next time she's in town.
        Jen Dx'd 5/11
        "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

I met with mine and got registered for the Gateway MS
          Society through her (local chapter of the National society). I'm glad I did, as I have had a variety of things offered through the MS society, and just this spring was told about college scholarships for children with parents with MS - which, with a 16 year old son, is a great plus, for another avenue to help pay for college.

And I don't have to convince anyone of the value of registering with the national ms society.
          Diagnosis: May, 2008
          Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Working...
          X