Not a Runaway Train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Runaway Train

Hello, I am Moppy in Florida. I am a surface mine safety consultant in the sunset of my life which will serve our family well in meeting yet another painful chapter in our lives.

I have just learned this week for certain our dear son-in-law has been in an MS treatment plan for several years. My daughter and he kept their secret out of concern for my 80 year-old husband's failing health and my own health challenges.

Even though they do not live near us I will travel their journey with them by researching the disease, identifying services available to them in the state of Georgia, coordinating options and reading patients' posts. Armed with that knowledge I can hopefully be the wind beneath their wings....sometime anyway.

I am so grateful to have found this site and look forward to understanding MS.

Hi Moppy,

Welcome to the forum.

I found your story interesting because when I was diagnosed I didn't tell my parents or my MIL (who was living with us at the time.). I had had neuro symptoms for a couple years before the diagnosis, so they were used to them' but when the diagnosis was handed down...I decided not to tell them.

My MIL was elderly and would have overreacted, and since she was living with us, it just wouldn't have been a good scenario. I waited about a year before I told my folks.

Where in GA are they? I know in Atlanta there are two MS centers...maybe more. Dr. Thrower, I believe, runs the MS Center at Shepard Center, and there's MSCA also.

You can always call the local chapter of NMSS.

My suggestion would be to get them reading and posting on the forum. It helps.

Hope you find the information you're looking for.

Comment

Welcome, Moppy! The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation (website: msf.org, I think) is in Florida. They have a tremendous amount of info on MS.
      As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Working...
      X