I'm not one to complain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not one to complain

I'm not one to complain but, I just had to come vent a little bit to people who know what I'm talking about. I have been feeling very wobbly for the past couple of weeks. Then, last Friday, I got as close to another panic attack as I could get without actually having one. I don't know what the deal is. I have been on edge since. I don't know what drives me more nuts, feeling wobbly or feeling like I'm constantly on the verge of another panic attack. The hot months are always worse for me. I suppose that's at the root of it. That and stress...

Sorry... I know what those are like.

What med are you on for this common MS symptom?
    There are so many:
    http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/mstreatments.html

Please let your neuro know about what's happening.
    You don't have to accept panic attacks as normal.
    There are meds that truly help.

Comment

I take ativan as needed. My pcp tried me on a mild anti depressant but that didn't help. Made me feel weirder

Comment

I have had a panic attack before, years ago and it took me several weeks to recover. I agree that you should speak to your doctor about this though. Has the ativan not been helping? I take ativan daily for muscle stuff and I cannot even imagine the bundle of fun i would be if I did not take that. I am just the grouchiest (to put it nicely) person lately.
        Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
        ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

The Ativan helps avoid the attacks...narrowly. I take it when I feel one coming on. Then pace the floor for a while or try to get engrossed in Xbox or something. It takes a little while. This last one's just due to stress, I imagine. Hot weather plus lost second job plus baby on the way = anxiety.

Comment

Working...
          X