Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/9/11

Hi Everyone. We have been having a heat wave here in Chicagoland. It is hard to hide behind heavy clothes in such weather which is more of a reason to renew efforts at getting those unwanted pounds off. Keep that image of yourself looking svelte when those temptations arise. And beware of sugar laden beverages. Increased fluids are important in hot weather but they should be low cal. Actually water is the best libation of all. I am down to 10 mg of steroids now so don’t think I am still retaining any fluid. I lost .5 pound since last week so weigh 115.5. Now to get rid of that half pound.

Sparky, you are really on a roll. Your strategy of eating throughout the day is really working for you. Eating fresh food is also a very positive thing to do. I am very impressed that you grow your own veggies and rhubarb. Great going.

Poohb3ar, good for you for not gaining. It was a challenge being away from home. I loved your comment about cooking at your rental house so everyone had to eat healthy whether they wanted to or not. You did them a favor. That is great about your daughter’s graduation. You must be very proud of her,

MamaBug, I am amazed you were able to lose with all of the festivities. Good for you. You have come a long way. I am pulling for you to lose your “muffin top.” I have every confidence that you will do so. I’m glad to hear your daughter and son in law got back to Canada with no problems. I do hope that five year ban will be rescinded.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is O.K.

Hunterd, sorry to hear you had to have surgery and pray that you have recovered. It is no wonder that you didn’t lose weight this week. I know you will pick up the pace again.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.
    Tip for the Week:

Rounding up the series on nuts includes almonds. Almonds are about three grams per ounce — compared to other nuts, and are richest in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. Almonds may even help you slip into those skinny jeans: In one International Journal of Obesity study, when two groups of obese adults followed low-calorie diets for six months, those who included almonds in their weight loss plans lost more weight than those who ate more complex carbohydrates. Other research shows that almonds are especially healthy for people worried about their blood sugar: Those who ate about 20 percent of their calories from almonds for four months saw their bad LDL cholesterol drop and their insulin resistance decrease compared to a control group who didn’t eat them. Almonds may even safeguard your gut: A test-tube study (funded by the Almond Board of California) found that the nuts raised levels of good bacteria that bolster the body’s immune system.

Weight loss Results for 6/2/11:

Total Loss:

2.1 pounds by three members. Good going. Remember that those decimals count. There will no doubt be many more successes to come. Just keep up the good work.

Total Gain:

0 pounds by no members. Come out of the shadows. Don’t be discouraged. Reporting gains is an important part of the process. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the future.

Stayed the same:

2 members. As you know, staying the same truly is success. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

3125.18 is the total weight loss for the past 8+ years. Now that we have hit 1.5 tons we are on our way to losing two tons.

LATE LATE LATE

SORRY HAVE NOT CHECKED IN LATELY BUT I HAVE LOST LOST LOST AND HAVE FINALLY REACHED THE GOAL WEIGHT MY DR SET FOR ME

I WANT TO LOSE A FEW MORE LBS SO I CAN SPLURGE WHEN THE HOLIDAYS GET HERE LOL

YALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK GOD BLESS LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL TAKE CARE AND KEEP ON GOING YOU CAN DO IT

Comment

cc, yea! you're alive! good to hear from you! sounds like you're doing great!

i hate to be the first to mess us up, but here goes.
      went up .2 lbs. not a big deal but very frustrating after all the successes i've been having to be going backwards again.
      my goal is to actually weigh what my driver's license says i do , and it's less than 10 lbs. to lose. when i get teasingly close to it, the weight starts going up!
      i know this week i did more sleeping than anything so i'm sure that didn't help my weight, but my body was very demanding and i had no choice but to obey.
      the chicago heat wave is also in south central IL! plus recovering from my wonderful vacation. (oh!!! i DID look better in graduation pics than when she was first inducted into the Naval Academy 4 yrs ago! woohoo!)
      oh well, keep looking forward and doing my best is all i can do.

take care and God bless ya'll!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

More festivities.

Arrived home yesterday from a one-week trip to Manitoba. The groom's parents held a reception for the bride and groom in Winnipeg, which my husband's parents (also from our state of Kansas) went to as well.

We followed that with a 4-night vacation with them in a time-share condo in western Manitoba in Riding Mountain National Park.

I wasn't able to weigh or track food and calories on my trip. However, I still ate, I thought, much like I usually do. Probably didn't include Down Day's, but had a lot of Medium Days and didn't cheat or binge at all. I was disappointed to see no weight loss (even a bit of a gain) while I was gone.

I'd weighed exactly what I'd expected to weigh the day of the wedding (May 22), and had hoped to be down another 9 lbs by the reunion (July 9), based on my typical weekly average of 1.3 lbs. However, that no longer looks very likely. Maybe I shouldn't panic, though. It is also typical for me to have some successful weeks and some not-so-successful, so maybe this upcoming week will be better.

Since I don't know what my Wed/Thurs weight was, I'll wait until next week to post a two week total instead.

I continue to feel busy, harried and somewhat stressed, as the reunion is getting closer. Alumni are requesting details, and the person who I am planning with has not been good at communicating with me. Some of the details, I am unable to decide on my own, such as cost. She is in charge of contacts with the caterer and we won't know caterer costs until we decide on a menu. It doesn't feel good to be in charge of something, yet not have any control over obtaining the information that I need to dispense.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks so much for asking about me, Karen.

Don't feel downhearted, poohb3ar. You aren't the only one who isn't a howling success in the weight loss department. Two weeks ago I was crowing about weighing 112 but since then I've gone up to 114.

Well, at least it's not the 127-129 I was stuck at for so long....

Good to see so many doing so well!
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

thanks agate!
            you're right to remember that we definitely aren't where we were just a short while ago.
            weight loss is hard for me, but i have managed to keep the ups to just a lb or so , then lose it within a week. haven't got any where near where i started from a year ago.
            i appreciate the encouragement!
            take care and God bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Time to weigh in. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X