Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh No !!!

My legs stopped working.

Two days ago, I felt like the numbness was up to my waist. My legs felt like they were dead, almost completely numb. My legs were so heavy I couldn't move them. My arms got so weak that I couldn't get in or out of bed without assistance of my husband.

I moved my exercise step next to the bed so I could use it as a stair to get in and out of bed easier. I guess it was lonely for a workout.

When my husband got me out of bed I had to ask him to get the wheelchair as I couldn't make my legs move and it felt like I couldn't support my weight.

My finger movement is slower and I feel weak. I slept all day other than being up a couple of hours. The MS hug has been happening all too often.

Sigh. So much for having a happy anniversary. I slept all day.

Today, I feel extremely weak. I feel like I can't stand for very long. My arms and legs are heavy and, I am tired.

I pray it is not another flare.

So sorry to hear about your recent issues. I hope that it is brief, and that you are able to enjoy some of your anniversary !

Comment

Hi Sunshine, Happy Anniversary!!

Sorry your feeling so bad though! Do you think it's a flare? Maybe talk to your neuro and he/she might want you to do a round of steroids.

I've never experienced the ms hug, but from what I have read it sounds painful.

Am sending prayers to you and here's a (((HUG))) also! Hope things start to improve and your up and about in no time!! Kathy

Comment

Gentle HUGS...Gentle HUGS my dear !!

You don't think this is a flare/exacerbation???

Sorry about your anniversary..wedding? Can you still "celebrate" it another day?? I am sure your hubby just
        wants you better. Glad he is there for you..so are we !!

You are not alone..but yup..this is sure crappy!!

Hang in there and remember WE care about you,
        let us know how it's going ok?

Warmly, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

beamofsunshine,
          bless your heart! happy anniv.! your DH sounds wonderful, doubt if he'll mind celebrating it right when u r better.
          sounds a lot like a flair i had last spring. please call neuro ASAP! don't know if u do roids. but that's what stopped mine, then PT to get to walking again.
          i was walking fine the night before, then next morning was on floor & cdnt even lift myself into w/c. thank goodness for good DHs!
          he even had to take me potty (sorry TMI). but hang in there & let neuro know anytime something drastic like this happens. that's what they're for. my theory is that's what i pay them for, to sort out what's relapse & needs treating or not. surely dr's gotta a call line. the sooner you get help the better.
          if it's not a relapse, at least you have peace of mind knowing u did what u cd.
          take care! God bless!
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I don't know if it is a flare.

It is so hard to tell. I am very confused as the symptoms change, come and go, vary all the time. If it last through the weekend I will call the neuro.

It seems the only thing consistent about MS is that it is so inconsistent.

I just wish I could find a cure for all of us.

Comment

Hi beamofsunshine,

Happy anniversary!

Sorry you have been going thru so much. The sx's of your legs sounds like one of my flare's. I had 5 days of steroids before mine got better.

You may want to call your neuro.
              I will say a prayer for you and I hope you feel better soon.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
              X