Out of left field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of left field

I still am shocked how what used to be easy or no big deal can make me so sick.

Been a rough week pain-wise but that is no big deal. But today I've gotten sick enough to where I'm shaking.

Yesterday a visit to the funeral home as my BIL's mother was called home. 9 yr old son also came as his 8yr old cousins were suppose to be there. Son got overly stressed and shy. (I don't go to the casket as I prefer to remember the person alive.) DH wasn't any better...I was shocked at the stress it but me in.

Today was 3rd grade field trip to Crossroad village and Huckelberry Railroad. 5 parents to each class. I got picked. no biggie. done field trips before and this one was smaller than the zoo. Bus driver asked me to sit in the back as there was chaperones, she needed us to keep the kids "under control".

Took my current knitting project. got a few rows done. Walked around w/ my 4 kids, enjoyed asking questions and learning new things about the 1860'6 and 70's. Trip home again in the back, no big deal. Got home, layed down for a bit.

Slammo...I got sick...severe pain, muscle weakness and shaking and IBS. It wasn't that much. Is this what it's gonna be like?
    A bit of stress, a bit of fun...shaken, not stirred and it's one mean combo. Not cool.

Thanks for letting me vent! Needed to break this cycle.
    time for bed....

Knit, I hope you're feeling a lot better by now.

I usually have a tough time after overdoing it and overdoing happens at a much lower level than before. I think that pacing oneself is the hardest lesson with any chronic disease. Sometimes it's even worth the end result. I tend to do more where my children are concerned as I'd rather have a few unpleasant hrs/days but make good, good memories.

Then, sometimes, I surprise myself and don't have it as hard as i thought I would. Just try to pace yourself and not do quite so much at a time or be aware that there could be problems afterwards but they're probably temporary and perhaps worth it. Easier said than done, I know.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Knit,

I know this doesn't help, but boy can I relate to your vent!!
      dx 7/2002 - on Rebif since dx...just changed to Copaxone 1/2011

"There is a difference between acceptance and approval"

Comment

left field

Lendi - Thanks! yes I agree that the memories are so important it's worth the sick time. I was assigned 3 other kids plus my boy. Hank's mom met us there, so I had a buddy in crime so to speak. Since I was the assigned chaperone she had to be w/ us...safety issue.

We were "so bad" too. we let the kids ride the carousal (which is an original from 1900 complete w/ really horse tails!) dang fast too! then the ferris wheel. hey it was only a buck a ride! We got to do huckelberry railroad as individual groups. The kids had a blast!!!

ThymeHBF - Just having you knowing how I feel helps so much!

Today feeling better. Went to a cookout w/ some family members. The boy had fun and I got to talk about smooshed face dogs! Love them..have two
        Boxers and a Pug. The in-laws I went to just adopted a surrendered Bulldog. Talking about things that I really care about helped the mental issues.

Then it was QandA from another bil...why the cane etc.
        Tired, less pain and happy I got to play w/ the dog. I didn't have to do anything! it helped!

Knit

Comment

Working...
        X