trouble breathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble breathing

Hello everyone. Ive been having a hard time breathing lately. im curious to know if anyone experiences having a dry nose, dry eyes and trouble breathing. My doc says its allergies but im wondering if its an ms thing. thanks!

Hello irene32,

Breathing problems related to MS is different than what you are experiencing. I agree with your doctor...allergies.

Information about respiration and MS:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ion/index.aspx
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Dry eyes and dry nose are also hallmark symptoms of Sjogren's Syndrome, an autoimmune condition with similar symptoms as MS.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

If you don't get some relief from your "allergy's" keep bugging your Dr. to check things out and see just what might be what. All to often assumptions are made until a bit of time goes by and it's decided that there may be more going on. It's easy to just let it all go which very well might be fine but you just never know.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

it does sound like allergies to me too. I have had sinus problems and allergies most of my life and it is really common here in South australia due to the dry climate and high dust/pollen levels- medication never seemed to help a huge amount so i just got used to being a mouth breather etc

i was dx as having central sleep apnea as a result of MS and had to start using a VPAP at night. None of the full face masks would seal properly though so i was not sure how i could manage with a nose mask thanks to the chronic stuffy nose and blocked sinus- i was advised to use one of the nasal irrigation kits where you have a plastic bottle that you make up a special irrigation solution and then squirt it up one nostril so that it runs out the other side and vice versa- not pleasant sounding but not as bad as it sounds.

after a few days i found that my nose, sinuses and throat were clearer and more comfortable than they had been for many years. if i stop using the irrigation it goes back to allergy/sinusitis city so i am a convert for life now- it may be worth a try, its not expensive and really is not that unpleasant- FESS makes one and there is another i think is called netipot or something like it- might help

Comment

I have RRMS and also have seasonal allergies (ALL seasons. LoL). I find when I manage my allergy symptoms more consistently my asthma is less bothersome. Still, I use inhalers when the breathing is tight and uncomfortable (little cough, feel like I can't "catch" my breath sometimes). When allergies are bad or I'm sick with a cold or something then I will add Advair inhaler to help with the inflammation.

Don't know what breathing problems might be caused by MS but I suggest you see an allergist for a more definitive diagnosis and he/she can also test for asthma and if necessary do skin testing to determine what you may be allergic too. That can help with eliminating (if possible) some of the offending allergens.

Hope I'm not boring you with my ramblings ...and that you get some relief soon. It's scary breathing well.
            Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Working...
            X