Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WII EXERCISE & CHECKIN GROUP 6/02/2011

HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!!
    For those of us with heat intolerance, it's going to mean being creative inside or at a pool or gym. My Wii is going to get a workout now that I'm home.

EVERYONE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB THIS WEEK!

GOALS MADE:
    ELEVEN!!!
    GOAL MISSED:
    ONE
    Sparky you sorely tempt me to count you on the goal side- cooking, laundry and many stair trips are a lot of exercise in my book. I'll abide by your wishes though.

Just got in last night, so thread is a little late.

hunterd, praying that you're recovering well from surgery.

I'd love to reply to all of you, but this would be a novel not a posting!

Since summer usually means vacations and traveling I thought I'd share some tips I found on Prevention website to help you while you're gone. I followed several of them and am in much better shape than usual from a long trip. (drove from Annapolis, MD to IL side of St. Louis )

7 Secrets to Staying Fit on the Road
    By Chris Freytag, Prevention
    Fri, Apr 30, 2010

1. Include Workouts in Your Travel Itinerary
    ...If you don't plan to exercise on a regular basis, it's not going to happen.
    If possible, exercise in the morning... Exercising in the morning helps ensure success.

2. Determine How You Will Exercise on Your Trip Before You Leave
    Most hotels have gyms... you can decide whether you will need to bring additional equipment, like exercise bands or a swimsuit if there's a pool... If you have a favorite exercise DVD, bring it along and do the routine in your hotel room.

More travel tips next week! Stay tuned! (and keep moving)

Take care and God bless ya'll!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Is it Thursday already? I made ten miles this week. There was one day that I overdid it and have been dragging ever since. Still need to work on that pacing when my energy improves.

How out of shape does a person have to be to get delayed onset muscle soreness from walking 1.75 miles two times in one day? Feeling pathetically older than I should, but proud that I managed to get in that extra walking outside of typical daily activities.

Getting the pool opened, so hopefully I can soon get back to swimming that mile like I was last summer.
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

thank you, all well. just minor, same day surgery. drilled a hole in my head is all (seriously, baha hearing system).
      did manage to get the last 3 days in, exercise wise. no more restrictions, so hopefully next week will be better.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Everybody. It sounds like you are all doing great. Sparky a loss of ten minutes is insignificant. Congratulations on being at your new low weight.

I cannot believe I made all seven days of total exercise routine again this week. It has now been 13 weeks of daily exercise doing full routine. A side passive exercise is one of trying to straighten my new knee which has been coming along very very slowly. It has been over a year since surgery and it is still bent. I don't count straightening as part of my exercise routine but it is important. I'll set my goal for 5 days again this week. I do notice some increase in leg strength. Blessings, Karen

Comment

Hi all! I made my goal this week which includes the one day off for resting and pacing myself better!

2x walking
          4x garden work with lots of resting inbetween
          shopping, yoga, cleaning.... that includes vacuuming most of my house and THAT is more of a workout for me than anything else!!

Have a great week and keep cool all those in the heat. Me? It's been so cool & everyone feels like it's more April-like than June.....I'm not complaining tho.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

made it in spite of a holiday schedule

Thanks for the travel tips Pooh

I made my goals this week in spite of the holiday schedule at the health club. I went in very early in the morning for a Monday workout.

The Memorial Day weekend was a stressful one for me since I was part of several ceremonial events as part of a choir. This was the first Memorial Day for one of my friends, whose Army Ranger son perished in Afghanistan this past summer.

i am in the process of changing my workout schedule of activities so I can incorporate team training on the TRX, which are long elastic bands hanging form the gym ceiling.

i hope these changes will also help me find the right balance in my water classes. Wish me luck.

Susan

PS Sparky, I understand you want to be disciplined about your goals, but maybe both of us need to lighten up.
            "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Boy, the weeks are just flying by! Which is actually good for me, because May wasn't my best month for sure!

Didn't make goal 2 days. Was weaker all around and leg and foot just won't move much. Thank the stars that they have improved and this month will be better.

Wow, I am impressed at the activities you all have been doing. The more we move the better we feel overall!

Comment

Hello

Did OK this week, considering I had a bad fall and hurt my stomach and ribs.

Goal plus extra:

2X walk for 30 min each + arm exercises
                2X stationary bike for 30 min each + arm exercises

Grocery shopping in large supermarket (A workout for me - walking all over a big store pushing the cart. And by the time I haul everything out of the trunk, back and forth with my utility cart into the apartment, and put everything away, I'm wiped out)

Housecleaning (swept floor, mopped, vacuumed, cleaned bathroom)

Hope we all have a good week.

Take care,
                KoKo
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi all... I am glad everyone is doing good

well I have 2 more days of packing YIPPIE but then unpacking (luckily not unpacking everything and I don't have a time limit) I have cleaning after moving but I get help so I will be back on schedule soon

I miss my Wii (I miss my stretches)

Comment

Working...
                  X