need help reading spin MRI i think i see 9 LESIONS!! DR SHRUGS SHOULDERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help reading spin MRI i think i see 9 LESIONS!! DR SHRUGS SHOULDERS

I SEE 9 WHITE CIRCLES ON MY MRI SPINE and have had symstms ms for long time iam 25 plese any insite at all?? i have plenty of phtos and VERY CLEAR askd neuro he said no since i have NO brian leisons..

Yep! I can't read spine MRI's either. I do a pretty good job with my brain MRI but no luck with my spine MRI. its been 7 years & i no longer try. I do get my written report of the spine and try to see what it says on the report. I have read the same from other people. Spine mri's are just tough to read, i advice you to go to school to learn how if your really serious. we get into this medical stuff, go to these support board & often forget we are not doc's, radiologist, ect. we just play one on support board but we are not really. imo i think that what you have going on & its easy to get that with a medical disease in this internet age.

sometimes i can't see the lesions it says are on there, i'm thinking a part of it might by MS vision issues? other times i see ones it says are not there

i also think they have greater resolution to review the scans that we have on home PC's. in a way i feel somewhat sorry for your doc to have to deal with this.

as a patient you always have the right to get a different doc.

doc has the legal right to prescribe and diagnose, i have the legal right to accept/refuse. neither of us can make the other do what they are legally allowed to do.

get a gun & point it at his temple and tell him what he will diagnose/see, then go to jail for a long time or get a new doc .

if you have spine lesion symptoms but no spine lesion, what strength mri was it? many people did not have spine lesions on a 1.5 telsa mri but they were visible on a 3 telsa mri. that might be less expensive and take less time than getting a radiologist degree in order to learn to read a spine mri..

btw, spine tissue is denser than brain tissue and the breathing movement a person has to do during the mri is suppose to be why spine mri's are tougher & often show more artifacts on the mri.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Hello munecagirl22,

Did your Neurologist see the lesions on the spine or are you only seeing them? Even after my Neurologist shows me the lesions I have a hard time finding them once I get home.

You can have spinal cord lesions with no or few lesions and have MS....I do.

If your Neurologist is acknowledging you have spinal cord lesions and is shrugging his shoulders then I would suggest taking your test results (MRIs, bloodwork, ect.) to a different Neurologist for a second opinion.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Personally, I have long questioned the Radiologists reports. One CT scan, the Radiologist reported the surgical clips from my gallbladder removal, and a clip by my kidney, the next one makes no mention of these metal clips, only noting the missing gallbladder.

I had been informed by 2 Neurologists, and a couple Radiologists, that there is permanent brain-stem damage, yet my two most recent MRIs (both read by a new Radiologist), says the brain-stem is normal!

I have my latest MRI, compared it to a "normal" MRI, I see quite a few white spots not mentioned, and the brain-stem does NOT look like the "normal" one I saw.

Also, on the previous MRI, the Radiologist mentioned only a few lesions, but when I made the Neurologist review the actual MRI with me, he pointed out more lesions then I could count!
        MS, it's a brain thang!
        Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
          Did your Neurologist see the lesions on the spine or are you only seeing them?
          Snoopy has made a really good observation on your post? it can be interpreted in multiple ways. is it that he denies spine lesions are there? or is it an issue of him refusing to diagnose ms without brain lesions?

Originally posted by munecagirl22 View Post
          nd VERY CLEAR askd neuro he said no since i have NO brian leisons..

i suppose it was after you asked him, that you were able to see your mri cd's? so now you are stuck about getting feed back on what you have seen?

is your doc on email that you can send him an email asking for an explanation of why you see these lesions but he doesn't? and if they are lesions, and not just normal physical structure in the spine? i think you can use paint to even capture a jpg picture of the lesions you believe you see. then he can respond or schedule an appointment to discuss. i did use paint to capture a picture on my mri of a spot i questioned, it was tough to do but i did it once, so i'm pretty sure it can be done! i just kept it for myself to make certain to look for it on future MRI's. but i did capture the picture in paint, so it can be done.

i did write & send a snail mail letter, by US postal service to my neuro once, after i got upset during an appointment. i was obsessively worrying about it.... that i had yelled at her, until my dad told me to send a letter explaining what i meant during the appointment that i didn't seem to explain clearly during the appointment. a "what i meant letter".

i did that a few years ago. it made me stand out as a patient & i hate to say it, but i think i'm one of her favorites now.

i know parents aren't suppose to have a favorite child but they do & i think its the same for docs-patient relation ships.

i think i'm my parents second favorite child. my youngest sister has wrapped up first place. the baby always manages to do that!

do you know how to capture a picture of the lesion from the mri on paint. you could print it out & mail that.

after wards, if still no resolution look for a different doc and the closest 3.0 Telsa MRI to you.
          xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

You can have spinal cord lesions with no or few lesions and have MS....I do.
            I had meant to say: you can have spinal cord lesions, no or few brain lesions and still have MS.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I had meant to say: you can have spinal cord lesions, no or few brain lesions and still have MS.
              well i have the mri its plain as day the leisons but he says no ms no brain leisons but yet ive been getting worst and only 25 i mean those white circles on my spine cant be anything else.. i was tight and kept moving in the machine as i was hyperventiaying hahah o today has been a very bad day sinve feb for me.. i have sym everyday mainly heavy walking twitching abnd trwmour .. hos are you doing w your only spinal leisons?.. iam scaed as they say is the worst.. iam makig appnt for ms center tues.. my back has been spasaming terrible today,,

Comment

I see all kinds of white spots on my thoracic MRI, but my neurologist says that it's normal.

I do have five lesions on my brain MRI. (Can you have MS with only brain lesions and not spinal lesions?)

Your best bet is to get a copy of your report and see what it says. And if need be, get a second opinion.

Hugs,

Lisa
                Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

munecagirl22,

Did the Neurologist tell you there were spinal cord lesions? Show them to you?

Spinal cord lesions are well known for causing mobility problems. I have numerous Cervical Spine lesions. My symptoms at the time I was diagnosed (age 24) were related to the spine.

If the Neurologist is telling you you have spinal cord lesions and is saying you don't have MS based on not having brain lesions he is wrong and you should probably seek a second opinion.
                  Diagnosed 1984

Comment

It sounds as if your taking the next step by going to the ms center. if the doc was acknowledging the lesions were there but in his opinion its not MS w/o brain lesions, the next step would be to ask him how he plans on treating the symptoms from the lesion? but it better you are going to the ms center, to get the treatment you need. i wast just thinking about non responsive to symptoms can't be right? if he doesn't want to diagnose MS how does he plan to treat the symptoms until brain lesions show up & they will in time unfortunately if its MS.
                    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                    X