Always cold. Do not seem to feel heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always cold. Do not seem to feel heat

I am always cold. The family walk around naked cause I make the house so hot and I live in Ireland. I sleep with my electric blanket on 7 for the whole night. My husband can't sleep with me he is scared he will melt and at work I have to have a heater ubder my desk. Not the best way to make friends with co workers they feel more comfortable away from me or hang **** on me continuously which they enjoy as I am the boss. No respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else have this problem
    Diagnosed 10 years.
    Started Ty in Sept 2011

Opposite here. Always hot. always sweat from my head. Good thing I like short hair. I do not go out in the afternoon unless I have to. Too hot and I hate it.

JudySZ

Comment

Always feel cold here too, and it seems to be getting worse from year to year.

Can't stand a hot house (or outdoors) either, so there's just a narrow band where I'm fairly comfortable.

A memory foam mattress might help at night...they retain body heat. I don't have one myself, but am considering the purchase.

Comment

I"m cold in the winter and hot in the summer. More than most in each season. Once I get cold, I can't get warm then once I warm up I can't cool down. I don't know which is worse, well I do I guess I'd rather be cold than hot as cold is miserable but hot knocks me off my feet.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Yep- me too!! Swear I'm turning into a frozen popsicle! Wear gloves to bed, heat up my side for about 20 minutes before I get in. Have microwavable packs, and a rechargable hand warmer - that I use when sitting here in the computer room in the evening. No fun!

Comment

I am curious:

Those who are always cold how does the summer heat effect you...if it does? Are you able to tolerate the summer heat? Does summer heat increase your fatigue? Feel more weakness?
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
              I am curious:

Those who are always cold how does the summer heat effect you...if it does? Are you able to tolerate the summer heat? Does summer heat increase your fatigue? Feel more weakness?
              Hi Snoopy,

I'm still hugely affected by the summer heat & humidity. That started around the time my first MS symptoms showed up, way back in '77 or '78. If anything, it's gotten worse over the years.

The "always cold" thing is much more recent...just 2 or 3 years.

Summer weather completely wipes me out. My fatigue gets much worse, I hurt all over, and I feel as if I'm going to faint. I stay inside with the air conditioning and dehumidifier as much as I possibly can, going out only in the early mornings and occasionally at night if it's cooled off enough.

Comment

Sequoia,

Do you have a problem with tolerating air-conditioning?

I am asking these questions because I am now in a catch 22. I am always cold yet heat still negatively effects me and if I run the air-conditioner I have to either be under an electric blanket or have a coat on

I can't seem to find an even medium.

At this point it has not been determinded if this is the MS or some other cause.
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I am very sensitive to heat and cold. I always thought it was normal for me, but I know now it's probably MS. I have a very small "window" where I am actually "comfortable" temperature wise.

My feet and hands are almost always cold. I run a heater under my desk and hardly turn on the AC at work (cement floor, basement office, but nice big windows at ground level so get plenty of light in.)

When not at the office -- In summer, I get extremely hot and have AC on as much as possible. In winter, get cold and live under the electric blanket with a heating pad, too.

Just all around sensitive to temperature and temperature changes. We went from 40-something to almost 80 degrees in one day and it was very tiring for me.

Comment

sound like me

I have a coat or jacket on all summer long unless i'm in 90 weather then i'm sweating to death trying to find a cool place.. In the winter i sleep with a rice bag and have pj pants and sometimes a sweater to sleep in.. I can't fall asleep if im cold. i have to be warm before falling alseep. I wear socks 99% of the time no matter were i'm at. I hate the cold but hate the heat. When i travel i have my jacket on and my seat heater on with the air on..I also get cold while eatting so i have a jacket on no matter where i eat.. people look at me like i'm crazy walking in from the outside with a jacket on.. but hey i'm freezing and they don't know what my life is like.

Comment

cosake,

I am not concerned with my feet or hands being cold, that can be normal for many even without MS. I am all over cold.

shaypay20,

Your story sounds sort of like mine but I can't tolerate the 80s or 90s, even mid 70s get iffy...I have to run the air-conditioning for the MS...and I now have to wear a coat to do so.

My exacerbations are in the summer...heat triggered. I used to, up until about a year ago, thrive on the cooler temps of spring and fall...now I am just cold at those times and wearing a jacket even after turning up the furnace. <sigh>

My husband would say our house was cold enough to hang meat and our friends would agree...I felt great. Now everyone complains how hot the house is.
                      Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                        Sequoia,

Do you have a problem with tolerating air-conditioning?

I am asking these questions because I am now in a catch 22. I am always cold yet heat still negatively effects me and if I run the air-conditioner I have to either be under an electric blanket or have a coat on
                        Yep, I have a similar problem. I'd much rather be cold than overheated, though, so I put up with it...not that I have a choice!

Comment

Anybody ever thought that it's not necessarily the MS causing this but poor circulation? When MS slows us down, working out isn't much fun, but getting a good workout is an a awesome way to stimulate circulation. Physical fitness also encourages our body's biochemical processes to work the way they should. Exertion stimulates production of endorphins and other substances that regulate our ability to sleep, maintain normal appetites, body temperature, you name it.

The best sleep I ever had was when I was training.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadiseLost View Post
                            Anybody ever thought that it's not necessarily the MS causing this but poor circulation? When MS slows us down, working out isn't much fun, but getting a good workout is an a awesome way to stimulate circulation. Physical fitness also encourages our body's biochemical processes to work the way they should. Exertion stimulates production of endorphins and other substances that regulate our ability to sleep, maintain normal appetites, body temperature, you name it.

The best sleep I ever had was when I was training.
                            I happen to workout and have done so since my diagnosis 26 years ago. I also sleep quite well.

In my case temperature problems is not a circulation problem
                            Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
                            X