Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Stress cause a relapse?

Hi everyone,
    I feel like I am having a relapse. The last one I had was July, 2010. Also, I am under a hightened amout of stress at work this month. Can stress cause or mimic a relapse?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, from what I know, it can with mimic a relapse, or it could actually cause a relapse depending on what else is going on. Hope you can get away from the stress and take a break. Be sure to still report symptoms to your doctor's office.

Comment

Yes to both. I've had times when an increase in stress is most likely what triggered a flare. I've also had short-term increases cause a pseudo-exacerbation.

Comment

Thank you both so much! Trust me, I would love to take a break, but my job is pretty insane! I have a MRI scheduled w/ nuro. appt. the same day next month. It will be interesting to see what shows up.

Comment

Yes indeedy it can. I was told that the extreme amount of stress I was under at the time was the reason I had such a bad relapse I ended up in the hospital. Since then every day has been a step towards eliminating the stressful elements of my life. I used to work well under stress, but apparently MS doesn't.

~Elly
          I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Working...
          X