Pain without weakness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain without weakness?

Hi. I have a question regarding pain/burning without weakness. Is this even possible?

A little history on me, Nov 2009 I became numb/tingly on my left side. This lasted about 3 weeks and then disappeared. Neurologist ordered an MRI which did show 6 lesions, yet they were "not specific to a diagnosis". January 2010 it all came back but this time it was painful, an internal burn is the only way I can describe it. I also began experiencing hug symptoms. I have had a round of steroids and I am on Lyrica now, yet nothing has helped. I have had a 2nd MRI on May 15 and I am now awaiting the results.

So my question is, Doc thinks this is MS, yet I have no muscle weakness to speak of. Can you have pain/tingling/burning without weakness??

T.
    Terri
    Living in LimboLand

Originally posted by TSprairie View Post
    So my question is, Doc thinks this is MS, yet I have no muscle weakness to speak of. Can you have pain/tingling/burning without weakness??

T.
    In a word, yes!

Comment

In a word, yes!
      Thank You!! I know it sounded silly but I just wanted some reassurance. Sometimes I think this is all in my head. My Neuro is good but I feel like I am whining when I am telling him my symptoms.

Waiting for my appointment for MRI follow up. Time will tell.

Thank you.
      Terri
      Living in LimboLand

Comment

I have definitely had burning, tingling and pain with absolutely no weakness.
        Christ now gives us courage and confidence, so that we can come to God by faith. Eph. 3:11 (DX 2/11)

Comment

Please try not to feel as if you're "whining" when you describe your symptoms. Your neurologist has heard it all, and he understands the range of symptoms MS can produce.

I hope you get a firm diagnosis soon, and are able to start a disease modifying drug. There are also symptom management drugs other than Lyrica which may be of help.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

I was just recently dx'd, and when my symptoms first started, my limbs felt heavy, but not weak. It was a really strange sensation.

Comment

Yes, pain without weakness

Hi! I have been dxd for two years. The first year no pain in legs, just a nice slapping drop foot. One year ago, the leg pain started in both legs without warning. No weakness though and I was running 30 minutes or biking an hour easily. Now, the pain is better, but I have significant weakness. A couple of months ago, I started Amitriptyline, a low cost generic drug. It has been a lifesaver for me. The pain is still there, but it took the edge off. My neuro prescribes it regularly for his MS patients.

Comment

Hi TSprairie,

I, too, am living in SK and I feel that I whine to my neuro. maybe we see the same guy!! i ahve had the same question.

My biggest symptoms are fatigue, pain, aches and stiffness in arms and hands, and difficulties with proprioception.

I don't have weakness, but I do lack endurance and my muscles fatigue. I seem to usually pass all those strength tests in his office...but if he made me keep repeating them, then it would be a different story.

I was given amitryptyline for pain at night. It did help but felt dragged in the am, even taking at an early hour.

All the best!

Comment

Working...
                X