This request seems odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This request seems odd

I received a letter today with an appointment for a "special examination". Here is what seems odd. The appointment is at a chiropractors office. The name of the company does not match the name of the chiropratic office. The company listed is a small company about 2 hours away.

I assume that they travel around simply doing disability assessments. I am wondering if they will have much expierence or knowledge regarding MS.

I do poorly at doctor appointments. MS is pretty hard to describe - the symptoms are hard to explain. I have good days and bad days. What if its a good day? What if I get so nervous I just clam up (this happens to me)?

Encouragement would be greatly appreciated. My neuro and primary figured I had an open and shut case, so I wasn't prepared for this.

keep a smile

I know how u feel I hope things go alright do u keep a journal .maybe that can help.

Comment

I looked at the letter more closely. Always have to read through several times to really get it. It is for a general medical exam. I wish it was more specific. I have an appointment with my neuro 2 days before the SSDI appt.

They say the examiner does not make a decision regarding my disability eligability, but really they do. It seems like the outcome of this exam would be the deciding factor.

Comment

ssd

ooh i think i understand now ,i take it u been denied already.
        or is this your frist exam dealing with them.Ive been denied 2 so now im waiiting on the admin law judge.They sent me to a psy but i guess i pass that. NOW if they send me this time they probally would commit me ,because this ssd has drove me nuts.

Comment

I had a friend who was a chiropract0r, and she rented out a room in her office, on occasion, to those "independent" medical examiner's that work on disability claims. That's probably why it's at the chiro's office.

Comment

I was upset when i read of an exam by a chiropractor to confirm MS disability for an ssdi case---i'm glad sparky moved it here.....

SS rents an exam room and pays doc(MD's) to confirm the disability they read from your doc's records....i can't think about why a chiropractor would be involved with that & then i thought about the location of the exam. the chiropractic clinic is getting money for renting their unused exam rooms to SS for this exam. Does your letter not say the name of the doc doing the exam at the chiropractic clinic?
            it might not be a chiropractor--ss might just be renting their exam rooms not doing the exam.

my SS exam was done by a pediatrician(MD) currently working in a pediatric clinic on the west side of town, and it was done in a Uroloogy clinic on the east side of town. i live on the east side of town.

both the pediatrician & the urology clinic where getting money from SS. the pediatricain(MD) for doing the ssdi exam & the urology clinic for renting out an unused exam room.

that's one possibility of why your exam is being done at a chiropractic clinic---but also if there is a shortage of MD's that want to earn some extra money on the side by doing SSDI exams, maybe they do use chiropractors?

does your letter say who will be doing the exam along with where?
            xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

An assessment group seperate from the chiropractor will do the exam. I am just wondering how qualified these examiners are. The decision must way heavily on what they determine.

I am a control freak and like to know all the details, so it is hard for me to just trust that these people know what they are doing.

Honestly, if I did this job I would assume that people are exagerating their symptoms until proven otherwise.
              Its not like SS is winning the lottery. I made over $60,000 a year plus bonuses, a company car with gas card, travel and an expense account in addition to a lot of other perks. Why would I trade that for a fixed income unless I had no choice?

Comment

Working...
              X