Didn't get my EEG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't get my EEG!

I was scheduled for an EEG this morning, but wasn't able to keep my appointment because I don't have the money to pay my 20% of the cost! (My MRI a few weeks ago cost me $200!)

I really needed the EEG too. I laid down for a nap today, and kept having those weird seizure-thingies as I was drifting off to sleep. My whole body stiffens and starts shaking. Lord only knows what's going on in my brain during those episodes.

I just feel so frustrated and helpless. It seems like I can't get answers, no matter what!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Sorry to hear you couldn't get your EEG done. How discouraging .
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Other resources?

Sorry you could not get the EEG. I wish you could have, those results may have connected some dots for you.

I know you're resourceful on your own, but sometimes when we are swallowed up in a mess we forget to take our own advice. So here is my unsolicited advice...can you ask the doctors office if you can make small payments? Is there a hospital where you could get the test done and ask for help with the bill or make payments to them.

I'm sure your overwhelmed with all of this and at times it seems too much to deal with when we have to start adding new problems (medical bills) to the already mounting problems (health) but we have to keep pushing forward.

My heart goes out to you Shashi. I hope you find a way to get the test done. Your strong minded and determined......come on, you can find a way!

Comment

happy23, I can check if they'll let me make payments, though I'm not sure even that will work with my finances (or lack thereof.) My problem is that I'm separated from my husband and for the past year and a half, I've been helping him with the expenses on the house and bills. It's really starting to be a drain. I told him yesterday that I wouldn't be able to continuing helping past July. Maybe that will help some.

Thanks.
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
        X