vertigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vertigo

Okay here's my question. I'm experiencing vertigo like the whole world is spinning. Is there some medication I could be taking to counter this? My doc is blaming it all on a blood pressure of 85/45 so he wants me to consume more salt. Currently I'm on copaxone.

I take meclazine for my dizziness and vertigo. It seems to work or at least help most times. I have a script for it but I understand you can get it over the counter.

Of course I am not a doctor. Seems odd that they would just jump to blame your blood pressure. Have to talked to regular doc and neuro?

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

Thanks cat lady. I'll keep that in mind for my next appointment.

Comment

I've taken Bonamine (meclizine) for really bad dizziness and nausea in the past and I found it worked really well... WAY more than Gravol, which I didn't find helped much at all... It's behind the counter at the pharmacy and you have to ask them and you can get it without prescription (at least around here...)
        Nancy
        Diagnosed with RRMS: June 2008. Rebif: Aug. 2008 - Aug. 2011, Gilenya: Sept. 2011 - Aug. 2012. TTC for baby #1

Comment

My first flair was accompanied by extreme dizziness/vertigo and nausia. I was given meclazene valium phenergin and scopolamine patches to help combat it all. They all seemed to help some, none really better than the others. I wasn't a huge fan of scopalomine patches though because after the 2nd or 3rd day of wearing them my vision goes super blurry.(I'll take that over vertigo though) Hope you find something that helps you soon, by far the worst symptom in my opinion.
          I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

If I work too hard outside and forget to drink water I become dehydrated get vertigo. Once I hydrate I am fine.

You might try monitoring your water intake and see if there is a correlation.
            Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
            X