Leg/knee pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg/knee pain

Let me start off saying Im am prescribed 10mg's of Percocet by my orthopedic DR. for a past injury of my torn rotator cuff (still have severe pain and get cortisone shots 4x yearly.)

For the past 3 weeks now I have been getting pain in my thigh when I do my injection of Avonex, But I am having these pains constantly throughout the day 24/7. This lead the DR. to believe it has been the Avonex causing it, so she told me to skip a week, this did not help at all! in fact I feel like the pain is worse and moved down to my knees also. I can barely walk up/down the stairs and hurts to bend my knees.

So I have been taking my percocet to help with the pain, which it does, it takes away 95% of the pain for 4 hours. Now Im going to need something from my Neuro for pain if I cant get it to away, I cant take tramadol or mobic. Any of you have these problems and are prescribed pain meds? What did they give?

~John

P.S ill be switching to Gilenyia Soon as I just finished all my testing for it, Just got to back to my Neuro!

I would want to rule out injury and try and figure out just what is causing that pain. If it is spasticity, (basically very tight muscles) there are meds to try and help that.

That is just a guess....your neuro exam may be able to pinpoint what is going on. I'm just thinking masking pain is not the way to go long term for this, I hope you and your docs can figure out what is going on.

As far as Avonex, I will have a sore muscle two days after injection, just like any intramuscular injection, like a tetanus shot for example. Using the muscle helps. I don't get this until at least the next day though, so not sure your pain related to this.

You could get someone to help you inject in your arms instead of your thighs and see how that goes for the next week or so. Good luck, let us know what happens.

Comment

Yes Absolutely I want to get to the bottom of why I am having these pains. Right now I literately can not function at all, When I go up and down stairs I feel like Im 90 years old, thats how much pain I am in, which is sad because Im only 21.

I will be calling my neuro tomorrow to get some advice.

Comment

Ok so I called my Neuro today, explained the pains I am having, and she told me that M.S does NOT cause knee pain, she left it at that and ended the conversation. So now what? I cant think of anything else that could be causing this. I feel like my DR. just hung me out to dry.

Comment

Working...
        X