'Roids. Ugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Roids. Ugh.

Well. Haven't been on here for a long time. I'm currently in a flare that is the worst I've experienced in about 5 years. Almost totally incapacitating leg weakness, blurred vision, dizziness, numb face (?), numb hands, feet, etc. You know - the regular stuff. Just finishing up a round of oral methylprednisolone. I feel AWFUL!! How long does the steroid stuff stay and about how long until the "crash" hits? Words of advice? This is freakin' awful!!! I've been on 'roids before, but don't remember this level of reaction. Help?

This is going to sound weird, but I quite enjoy being on oral steroids. The extra energy is great, plus all the MS stuff goes away, even most of the residual symptoms.
    Yes, I know they're not good for you really, and yes they make you fat and edgy and an insomniac, but they do work.
    And Ativan will help you sleep, if it gets too bad.

Comment

The doc just gave you low dose oral steroids for your flare? Sounds like you could have used a high dose treatment if your flare is significant. Do call your doc if you continue to feel awful. I have taken alot of oral steroids over the years and feel crappy going off them for about a week. Hope you feel better soon!

I just finished up ten days of low dose prednisone, I feel fat.....blah.......

Comment

Yeah the drop after the roids are done is usually a week or so, then you will start feeling better. Right at the same spot myself and I am in that period after where it has been a few rough days but hoping to turn the corner with it.

Depending on how bad it is, the recovery time will vary, but definitely get into some type of routine if you can, light exercise if possible so once the crash comes, you can deal with it easier.

Also remember that each day will get better, sometimes might not be that much, but it will get better.

Hang in there.

Kevin

Comment

Thank you

for your help. Things are not getting better - cognition is now being messed up. Was in a meeting yesterday and finished a very long, rambling sentence that made NO sense. I looked at my colleague and whispered, "That made no sense." She leaned in and whispered, "It's ok. You're ok." A few hours later, I was in the ER due to severe pain in abdomen. This is messed up!! Doctor's app't is early next week. I don't know what to think or do or be.

Comment

Working...
          X