Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAS ANYONE MADE IT PAST DAY 12 ON BG-12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Chuparosa

Thats so awesome! You should make that your profile name.

I'm doing great. Feeling so much better, just being off of REbif has been amazing. No more depression, stiffness...additional stiffness and no more night sweats, flu-like symptoms.

I'm also taking Ampyra which has helped a lot and Tizanidine.

All the best Chuparosa!
    Keep us posted and this site has so much info!I was diagnosed in December of 2011 and everyone here has helped me through some hard times.
    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by tspaulding View Post
      Has anyone seen tecfidera can cause PML? I saw 4 cases listed so far, but not for the U.S.
      The 4 cases were not from Tecfidera (BG-12) pills specifically. If anyone is considering Tecfidera and is concerned about PML, they should research the info and talk to their doctor to see if the cases are relevant to their situation.

Personally, I feel great since starting Tecfidera (from Copaxone). More energy, no more shot side effects, etc. Yes, I had flushing first day - but not since. (I am following BRAT diet for precaution)

I think another poster had a link to the article/info about the 4 cases. After reading the info, I feel comfortable just watching my WBC count.

Hope everyone finds what works best for them <3

Comment

Day 15 Woohoo!

I have a little flushing, red cheeks - alright though, needed som color!!! Other than that, I have not had any side, effects....
        so far, so good....glad everyone seems to be doing well. Anybody else read about PML? Where do I read about PML and Tec??

Comment

Thanks Willow

Yeah I was on Copaxone and Rebif and WOW! I feel sooo much better. Less stiffness, no more depression, high energy and no sweats and flu-like symptoms.

BG-12 has been tested and re:tested for over 5 years and I have talked to a few people that were in the trial and no issues with liver, kidneys, PML.

I have been able to use my bike for the first time in 2 years, walk often without my cane, a lot of the stiffness was just from the Rebif I'm noticing + I had developed a Rebif antibody so it wasn't working for possibly over a year.
          I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

I have been on Tecfidera for one month and just got my 2nd shipment.

Historically, I have experienced some of the rarer or more significant side effects of a number of medicines. Based on my medical history, my neurologist is titrating me slower than normal. I am spending one month at the half-dose before moving up to a full dose. I wish more doctors would consider titrating problematic patients (and more patients request it).

I am fortunate that flushing is the only side effect I have experienced with Tecfidera. The flushing has varied between 10 and 75 minutes and been from mild to painful. I hope the flushing will lessen after my 2nd month on Tecfidera (one month on the full dose), but either way I will deal with it. On average, the flushing is less irritating than the Copaxone sting that lasted 15 to 20 minutes.

-> Two pills, no injections, huge upswing in efficacy? Sure, I'll take it.

Q. Do I feel any different? or notice any changes?

A. I feel the same as before without any real change in day-to-day symptoms. I might mentally feel better that I am on a treatment, but nothing that registers with my conscious mind. My goal for taking Tecifdera had nothing to do with "feeling better" or "stopping symptom X." I am taking Tecfidera with the long-term goals of reducing flare ups, hospital stays, steroids rounds and remaining as healthy as possible.

Q. What about PML and Tecfidera?

A: From what I read the 4 PML cases all involved people with a compromised immune system. To minimize the risk I am having my blood count pulled at least 4 times a year.

I have had enough experience with some of the other DMTs that I will not be giving up on Tecfidera anytime soon.

Comment

NAUSEA

I've been getting nauseated like every other tuesday so bad to the point I literally vomit. Anyone else?
              LexiRaye

Comment

I did NOT know there was a risk of PML with Tecfidera!!
                I read ALL the info/booklets that my doctor gave me, and I received from the company.
                Does anyone know that where I can read about this.

Thank you
                DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

Originally posted by daisy.girl View Post
                  I did NOT know there was a risk of PML with Tecfidera!!
                  I read ALL the info/booklets that my doctor gave me, and I received from the company.
                  Does anyone know that where I can read about this.

Thank you
                  The 4 cases were not from Tecfidera (BG-12) pills specifically.

Not sure if I am posting this link correctly. Sorry.

http://multiplesclerosis.net/news/pm...for-psoriasis/

If anyone is considering Tecfidera and is concerned about PML, they should research the info and talk to their doctor to see if the cases are relevant to their situation.

Comment

@LoveBug

People who complained about that started taking it after breakfast and after dinner. It is a timed release so whatever magic it performs it's slow and steady.

Try taking it after breakfast & dinner and let us know how you do.
                    bug

Bill Hicks

Comment

Tecfidera side effects

Day 21.
                      Only side effect is daily nausea and serious stomach bloating.
                      Last about an hour, occurs at random times, once a day.
                      Anyone else going through this?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by durgastiger View Post
                        Thats so awesome! You should make that your profile name.

I'm doing great. Feeling so much better, just being off of REbif has been amazing. No more depression, stiffness...additional stiffness and no more night sweats, flu-like symptoms.

I'm also taking Ampyra which has helped a lot and Tizanidine.

All the best Chuparosa!
                        Keep us posted and this site has so much info!I was diagnosed in December of 2011 and everyone here has helped me through some hard times.
                        LoL that would be a great idea for a username! After I was diagnosed I told me bf that I wanted to get my first tattoo and I want it to be a hummingbird. I wish I could really fly since my main MS issue is walking!

I might bring up Ampyra to my doc when I see him the first of July because there are days that I'm OK and the rest I just want to sit because I can't walk without pain and muscle spasms. Really sucks for me because I was such an avid walker and it truly was my favorite hobby...talking long walks in downtown Chicago.

I'm very glad you're feeling better! Lets cross our fingers and hope we all see an improvement in our symptoms!

Comment

My neuro switched me to Tecfidera from Copaxone. I asked him if there was a flushing out period and his "tech" just told me to stop taking the Copaxone injections for a week and start Tecfidera after that. He seemed slightly hesitant and I'm a little concerned, especially after reading some had to go on Solumedrol in between. Maybe it depends on the drug you're coming from. Anyone told anything different between Copaxone and Tecfidera?

Comment

Originally posted by Donna Rivera View Post
                            My neuro switched me to Tecfidera from Copaxone. I asked him if there was a flushing out period and his "tech" just told me to stop taking the Copaxone injections for a week and start Tecfidera after that. He seemed slightly hesitant and I'm a little concerned, especially after reading some had to go on Solumedrol in between. Maybe it depends on the drug you're coming from. Anyone told anything different between Copaxone and Tecfidera?
                            I asked if there was any transition needed, and my doctor said I could stop injecting on Saturday and start taking the pills on Sunday. So that's what I did!

Comment

Originally posted by Donna Rivera View Post
                              I think I missed a few shots, then started Tecfidera.

Comment

Copaxson to Tecfidera

My neuro orginally said 2 weeks then called me to tell me that the Drug rep that gave them their inservice said 4 to 8 weeks But all the literature from Biogen said check with YOUR PHYSICIAN! I called Shared Solution (Copaxson pharmacist) they said the "half life" which is the time it takes to get out of your system is 2 weeks. I stopped taking my Copaxsone 4 weeks ago and stared Tecfidera this past Tuesday, so I was just shy of 4 weeks. It took that long for me to get my med which came via Quick Start because of multiple scew ups with insurance/ pharmacy/ Biogen. Matter of fact I just got the call today from my speciality pharmacy to schedule my delivery for Tecfidera. Actually I got 3 differnt calls from Accedo, guess pay back for the many phone calls I made to them

Hope this helps
                                Sunshine
                                RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

Working...
                                X