Bra question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bra question???

Probably an odd question...but can wearing a bra aggravate already tender muscles around the side of an underarm and back? It's not even tight!

Bra-less at 54

I ve had a great deal of diffaculty wearing a bra at all. I was in tears preparing for my daughters wedding. I managed to keep my bra on only durring the ceremony. I find jackets, vests and sweaters can cover up the problem of being bra less in public. At home I enjoy my comfort.
    Leslee

Comment

I find wearing a bra uncomfortable, but I need to wear one! So I just bought a soft stretchy sleep bra and am going to try it out. Its like an exercise bra, but softer.
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

tight or not

A bra has an elastic nature that hugs you even if it isn't 'tight'. If you're wearing an underwire one, it tends to be a bit tighter as well because the wires hug you at the side more since they are also supporting shape as well.

Like DianeD, I got a sleep bra that is stretchier and more comfy as a result for those times when I have to wear a bra but can't deal with one. I'm not built to go without one in public.

If you're can get away with it, a camisole might be a better option on days where a regular bra is uncomfortable as well.

At home, who cares? Go au natural and revel in the freedom. lol

Comment

i use the camisoles with "shelf bras" in them while at home and when I need to look presentable I wear an amazing product called the unbelievabra. it is a full torso garment which holds and supports without a strap under your arms or around your ribs. it also helps with muscle tiredness.
          going comando just isn't an option for me, even my dogs would laugh.
          Coffeediva

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried"

Comment

I wear sports bras. very easy to get on and off. I have a hard time with clasping my bra and I would get very stressed out.
            So wearing sports bras are a life saver for me.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeediva View Post
              i use the camisoles with "shelf bras" in them while at home and when I need to look presentable
              This is me too, although while at home, I go "au naturale" (sp?) Besides the camisole, I usually wear a vest/sweater over tops or wear a tank top (w/o shelf bras) underneath. Haven't worn a bra for years now. Maybe at a wedding or such. The last time I did, my dd said " Wow, mom! Now you look like a woman" LOL

Mostly, bras are killers
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I've always had trouble just finding one that fits - I dread bra-shopping much more than jean-shopping, little-black-dress-shopping, toilet-cleaner-shopping. I hate it.

The single best thing I did a few years back, and now go every year or more often if I lose/gain weight, was get measured at a store that only sells high-end lingerie. They sell mastectomy and custom stuff for hard-to-fit sizes, too. I've only bought a few things there because of price but the sizing service alone is worth it.

I had been buying the wrong size bras for years, who knew? I'm a weird size, anywhere from a 32-36DD-F depending on the style & manufacturer, even though I don't look it. Figuring out the sizing made a huge difference in comfort. I'd been wearing 36Ds and until I tried the correct size, the 36D seemed fine.

The little old Italian lady who measured me was so no-nonsense, bordering on rough. She's been doing this for years, though, and she read my mind. I would highly recommend getting yourself measured - not just at Victoria's Secret but at one of the boutique stores where the sales ladies have been measuring breasts for 30 years. They'll be able to get your correct size, and find something that will work for you whatever your medical requirements may be.

Comment

I've hated bras since my mastectomy 10 years ago... so I have one "real" bra that hooks on (no underwire), and all the rest are really soft, sports bras. Fairly comfortable, but I still hate wearing them (they ride up on the side that is missing)... so unless I have to go somewhere I pretty much dispense with wearing one. Andi

Comment

I just bought a Coobie scoopneck bra, and I think it is worth a look. It was about $20, I wanted to be sure it was loose and comfy so I bought an XL size, I wear a 34D. It has these supportive comfy cups in there so I'm not sagging at all. Love it.

http://www.shopcoobie.com/shop?c=bras

Comment

Originally posted by Justsayyes View Post
                      I just bought a Coobie scoopneck bra, and I think it is worth a look. It was about $20, I wanted to be sure it was loose and comfy so I bought an XL size, I wear a 34D. It has these supportive comfy cups in there so I'm not sagging at all. Love it.
                      I just checked these out, I love the wide range of colors. I am going to trying one. thanks for the link.
                      Coffeediva

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried"

Comment

Preaching to the choir!

G-A-W-D! Bras are such torture traps, aren't they?! They have yet to invent a bra that "works" for me. I don't wear one at home, but I feel funny going bra-less in public. On occasion, I will go out without one, but not without a jean jacket or a sweatshirt on top. Now that it is getting warmer, I no longer have that option, but there is some decent "yoga-ware" with built-in bras that will do in a pinch.

BTW, along with "constipation", this is one of my favorite topics at MSW!
                        Tawanda

Comment

wow, thanks for all your informative replies...haven't checked this page in awhile. I hate the horrid things but you given me a few ideas.
                          Where coffeediva do you find those unbelievabras?

( PS my daughter always says to me before her friends come over to the house) "please Mum, you will wear a bra!!" ugh!

Comment

BRA

I FIND IT VERY PAINFUL AND I WEAR A SPORTS BRA THAT IS A LITTLE TOO BIG. - WHEN I HAVE TO WEAR ONE.

Comment

This has become more of an issue for me lately. I tried a sports bra - by the end of the day I can't pull that thing over my head. I have some tanks with built in bra but I have the same problem. Even getting them on can be a challenge.

I can not go without a bra. After having 3 children 20 years ago I never lost my pregnancy "endowment". I have spent a fortune on getting the right size and the right fabric. They are comfortable in the store, but wearing them for a whole shows the real fit.

I wish someone was figure out a comfortable and easy to wear bra. Then they could figure out clothes that go over D cups without looking like maternity tops or showing too much cleavage.

Comment

Working...
                              X