coconut candy bars
These are very rich and will quench hunger pangs with healthy oils, a bit of fiber and protein –and chocolate!
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup almond or other nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Small mixing bowl
- Small baking pan such as 8 x 8
Stir all the ingredients except the chips together with fork until well blended. Then stir in the chips.
Spread in parchment lined pan. Set in the fridge to harden. Cut into small squares or rectangles. Or use a smaller pan to spread it deeper, then cut into narrow rectangles like candy bars. Store in the fridge.