ALLODYNIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chest Wall Arthritis

A couple of weeks ago I had the worst pain I have ever felt in chest. My sternum actually felt like it broke in half. It hurt to breath, walk, bend over, sit. A couple days later I felt a lump on my chest. I can't do much. If I move too much, my pain is not bearable. I was diagnosed with chest wall arthritis and the lump is inflammation. My PCP says I should ice, IB and take it easy.
    limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

ladibabe, I just can't even imagine what you are going through right now. That just sounds like, well I have no words. I hope you are experiencing some relief, although Ice, IB and taking it easy hardly sounds sufficient. Hope I'm wrong and you are actually experiencing some relief. Is it MS related?

Take it easy and take care

Comment

Chest Wall Arthritis

Originally posted by MSW1963 View Post
        ladibabe, I just can't even imagine what you are going through right now. That just sounds like, well I have no words. I hope you are experiencing some relief, although Ice, IB and taking it easy hardly sounds sufficient. Hope I'm wrong and you are actually experiencing some relief. Is it MS related?

Take it easy and take care
        I am not in much pain as long as I don't do too much. I have constant pressure and believe this is causing MS hugs. I see a Rheumatologist at the end of the month and requested that they call me if they get a cancellation so I can get in sooner.

From what I have read, it is not directly related to MS but it is an inflammatory condition.

I hope to know more soon. Thanks for the concern, I will keep the group updated.
        limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

ladibabe, good to hear from you. I've had MS hug with pressure sensation for about 15yrs now. It's morphed into torso wide pressure to the extent that I can sit up for brief periods and can't wear any tailored clothing due to the pressure in my torso. The hug is not painful, but it's annoying, and makes me feel that I can't breath fully, or take a deep breath, iykwim. It's also anxiety inducing!

I was officially dx yesterday with arthritis in spine and hips, so I'm curious to hear more about your rheumy visit. Confidant my arthritis isn't inflammatory, but curious none the less.

Take care and keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
          X