You should be unhappy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
    I so admire your busy schedule, focus on good health and discipline. I hope you are able to continue it for as long as your heart desires.
    Thanks Jules.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
      Agree 100% about the pharmaceutical companies but not for the research physicians who have dedicated their careers working for a fancy, well known teaching hospital, usually for relatively low wages. I do believe they are still trying I'm just not confident it will happen at least not for decades.
      There are stories that the US Congress is "investigating" drug companies who subsidize $0 copay programs, calling the programs unfair competition. If that is Congress' take, then they should set a gold standard for providing every patient with covered treatment - minus stress-inducing stipulations. Of course, not everyone chooses to deal with the added health concerns and bureaucracy of taking a DMT. But folks deserve a choice.

In hopeful news regarding cure timelines, according to some talks I've heard at UCSF, research labs across the world are now pooling their resources to process information about the human genome, microbiome, and various diseases (like MS) as fast as possible. Because computer processing power has become so accelerated, with AI as an added factor it is now possible to view large amounts of information to a molecular level if they process it collaboratively. In this example science knows no borders, thank goodness. So hopefully answers about how diet and gut play a role in autoimmune could come along faster.
      All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
        In hopeful news regarding cure timelines, according to some talks I've heard at UCSF, research labs across the world are now pooling their resources to process information about the human genome, microbiome, and various diseases (like MS) as fast as possible. Because computer processing power has become so accelerated, with AI as an added factor it is now possible to view large amounts of information to a molecular level if they process it collaboratively. In this example science knows no borders, thank goodness. So hopefully answers about how diet and gut play a role in autoimmune could come along faster.
        Wow - This is hopeful! Can you give us a url here of these talks? Or any other printed info on this?
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Wow - This is hopeful! Can you give us a url here of these talks? Or any other printed info on this?
          Multiple Sclerosis Support Group
          The Art of Living support group, led by Dr. Elizabeth Crabtree-Hartman, helps enhance the lives of those living with multiple sclerosis (MS). The group meets monthly to discuss issues that affect people with MS and to listen to informal presentations from the UCSF Multiple Sclerosis Center and other guest speakers.They also provide mutual support, socialize, eat good food and laugh together.

Spouses, family, and friends are welcome to attend and no RSVP is necessary.

Location: 1500 Owens Street, Third floor, Room 343 (classroom)
          Meetings: Third Thursday of every month, 6:00 pm.

The presentation I saw about research on microbiome and human genome processing was given by Dr. Sergio Baranzini https://baranzinilab.ucsf.edu/
          All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
            Multiple Sclerosis Support Group
            The Art of Living support group, led by Dr. Elizabeth Crabtree-Hartman, helps enhance the lives of those living with multiple sclerosis (MS). The group meets monthly to discuss issues that affect people with MS and to listen to informal presentations from the UCSF Multiple Sclerosis Center and other guest speakers.They also provide mutual support, socialize, eat good food and laugh together.

Spouses, family, and friends are welcome to attend and no RSVP is necessary.

Location: 1500 Owens Street, Third floor, Room 343 (classroom)
            Meetings: Third Thursday of every month, 6:00 pm.

The presentation I saw about research on microbiome and human genome processing was given by Dr. Sergio Baranzini https://baranzinilab.ucsf.edu/
            Here is a video of Dr Baranzini giving a talk about Gene Expression Profiling and the Microbiome:

"Watch Dr. Baranzini talk about Gene Expression Profiling as it pertains to Multiple Sclerosis, and how the UCSF MS EPIC study has been integral to his research."

https://vimeo.com/61973996
            All the best, ~G

Comment

Thanks for the video link. I looked at clinicaltrials.gov for fecal transplant studies and MS. There are two recruiting. One in Ontario and the other in San Francisco. If they were closer I would do it. Caveat- one study says you cannot be on treatment and the other says no immunosuppressants but does not spell out which DMTs that implies.

Comment

Working...
              X