az male first symptoms at 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

az male first symptoms at 50

i am looking for others that entered military in '69 from arizona that have no history of ms in immediate family. i think my ms may have come from our inoculations and i am looking other similar stories. pls respond

Hi and welcome,
    Maybe consider posting this in the military section for more answers?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi and welcome to the boards. I live in PA and I got my unexpected, uninvited guest (MS) at 50, as well ! We are just 'lab rats' helping 'medi-pharma' discover a 'cure' ! I have no experience with the military. Thanks for serving the cause of liberty ! You may want to look into the story of Sonny Bates, Air Force, online. Good luck Post often !

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        Hi and welcome,
        Maybe consider posting this in the military section for more answers?
        thanks again and i will as i figure this all out.

Comment

could army inoculation in '69 be the cause of my ms

i found 2 gulf war vets that researched their ms and wondered if their inoculations might have triggered the ms. i wondered the same thing from '69 when i thought i was going to viet nam from phoenix, az. i have read that ms is much less frequent in the sun belt plus i swam competetively every summer until i was 13 (lots of vitamin d then and still). i found some others with many simalarities several years ago but can't find any now. can anyone help? thanks

Comment

I don't recall any data indicating military vaccines have resulted in MS. A more likely theory would be that you had a predisposition and whatever stress involved in your military experience was the second hit that tipped you into MS symptoms but thats just my opinion.

Here is a link to the military board here that might be helpful for you:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...terans-with-MS
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Hi hendrixmw and welcome - I am moving your thread here over to our Military Veterans with MS forum in hopes a veteran will see this and respond.

You can find the forum here- http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...terans-with-MS
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hendrixmw

I'm retired AF. I have not heard of any substantial evidence that shots potentially triggered this. The Anthax shots were being looked at for causing all sorts of things during the Gulf War...but it went nowhere. The polio shot was another.

What is the outcome you are looking for?
                Katie
                "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                "My MS is a Journey for One."
                Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

STILL LOOKING

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
                  Hendrixmw

I'm retired AF. I have not heard of any substantial evidence that shots potentially triggered this. The Anthax shots were being looked at for causing all sorts of things during the Gulf War...but it went nowhere. The polio shot was another.

What is the outcome you are looking for?
                  I'm still looking for other males that entered the servce with me in '69 from Phoenix that also now have MS. Please refer to my earlier posts for my thought process if interested. I've found some before and will again with any luck!

Comment

I was in the Navy, 65-69, sea duty started in 67 and a lot of things started, got worse in the months following foreign/sea duty shots, including MS Sx & more

Comment

Working...
                    X