Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have a leaky bladder and your period!!! What do you do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a leaky bladder and your period!!! What do you do???

What do you do if you have leaky or weak bladder and you get your period? We cant fly away on some wimgs? Incontinence pads do not work with menstrual blood. Not to be too descriptive but it just causes the pad to stick to you. I don't know about you but I prefer to not wear a pad that I can get stuck to. I prefer to not have my pubic hair ripped from the roots! I have never had no desire to have a brazilian!*

You can just wear period pads because they can not hold any urine. Plus I have noticed they are not made to block out urine smells. So you want to know what I do? I put on the Poise pad and on top of it I put a period pad. I know it's bulky but I have to in order to be protected for both leaky bladders and periods. I just wear regular maxi pads not the ones with wings! I have always hated those things. There is already enough bulk and no room to add wings. Plus you wouldn't want to try to wrap a wing around an incontinence pad. The wings wouldn't be big enough!*

I know some may say to use a tampon. Will I can't because my right hand has numb issues. We already know I couldn't use my left due to the T-Rex arm I have. So I think my solution is pretty good. Plus the bulkiness flattens out a little once you sit down for awhile. We all just gotta do what we need to do. I just know I am ready for menopause to get here. Everything sounds good to me except the hot flashes. I can't get any hotter and sweater!!*

I hope you all had a great weekend.*

Trivia:*
    Yesterday's answer: *4,000 years

Today's trivia question:*
    What are the names of the two tunnels passing under the Hudson river, connecting New York City with New Jersey?

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi,

I understand your plight. I use the period pads and just change them more frequently. Also when my period is on I take a little baby powder just a dusting and put it on my panties and the pad after I apply it to my panties.

Comment

There's that sense of humour again Christine! I wasn't going to read this one as neither of your situations apply to me but glad I did...

There's an "Endometrial Ablation" thread going around, you may want to read it. If you're wishing for menopause, and both of your issues pose a legitimate problem, it could be a way to treat or solve one of them.

I really feel bad for you, this isn't something that happens once in a while... it happens every freakin' month and lasts for close to 25% of it (7 days out of a 28 day cycle, YIKES!). Hope you find something that helps better than building that fortress you have been doing!
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thanks Cat Mom

Is that where the laser the inside of the uterus? If so when they offered that to me and described it. I thought I was gonna pass out! No thanks I said! I will just continue stacking my pads! Lol

Comment

Yes, it is where a laser 'burns' away the lining of the uterus. I had this done 4 years ago, after 2 years of unexplained bleeding. At the time I was 43, I had the last of my 3 kids when I was 26 and then tubes tied when 32 so no more kids (at least not from me... I married a man with 3 kids too).

It was done under general anasthetic as day surgery and was literally a 15 minute procedure. It's done vaginally so no incisions either! There was no pain or discomfort after, not even an Advil. It was THE BEST thing, haven't seen a drop since!

Comment

Catmom

It stopped your period? Did it cause you to get menopause symptoms?

Comment

To Christina
              I had it done and my cycle comes and goes. I dont have one every month but it will show up every once in a while. It may be something you want to ask your gyno about.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine209 View Post
                It stopped your period? Did it cause you to get menopause symptoms?
                Yes indeed! No, it didn't cause any.

Comment

Hope this helps . . .

I use a night-time pad while wearing max absorb Depends. I change the pad when needed and the Depends underwear add extra security from accidents. Works for me!

Comment

Incontinence

I am entering menopause and have had problems with stress incontinence,The digital readout lets you know when the pelvic muscles are working correctly -- unlike many other Kegel exercisers. Although suggested as a daily exercise, even once a week has improved my muscle tone to prevent accidental leaks. As mentioned above, the sensors do have to be replaced but meticulous care and cleaning extend their life -- my last two have lasted over a year. Also, I occasionally use a condom over the phallic-shaped sensor; this also helps prolong the sensor life. A drop or two of Astrolube helps with lubrication. I really suggest you try this pelvic muscle trainer XFT-0010.

Comment

Hey don't worry so much about it. you can use best quality night pads and tampons.using tampons you can get rid from the tension of period worries.

Comment

My new normal

After 30 years of MS -- R/R 10 years SP 20 years -- I saw neurologist and then a neuro/urologist for incontinence problems. I am on Macrobid 100 mg/day as 1st step. If that doesn't stop UTIs (8 in last 12 months) the next step is Self catherization. I was sure that I could never do that--numb hands, numb from waist down--and then decided to see what MSWorld forums had to offer. Wow! I am so glad to have found you. Just reading in this one forum has given me so much information. If this is in my near future, I can handle it. Thank you so much for being here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by robert123 View Post
                          Hey don't worry so much about it. you can use best quality night pads and tampons.using tampons you can get rid from the tension of period worries.

Warning: This is probably a good way to get a UTI or Toxic Shock Syndrome and I do not recommend it, but it works.

Go to YouTube and search for "emergency tampon" You can make your own.

I am definitely not a "free bleeder".

It's icky, and I've only had to do it once, but it gave me long enough to find a kind woman who shared her supply.

Never leave home without them.

Comment

Working...
                          X