Logging in helpful hint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging in helpful hint

Hi - my favorite board, and I'm the only one here - are others here but unable to log in?

In case others are struggling as I did to log in to the new format, if you try to post a response and get the "you are not logged in - sign in above" message that doesn't seem to make sense because there is no "sign in here" link visible, go to the home page - THAT'S where we have to sign in ... I think every time we come here. We used to be able to sign in at the top of any message board page ... Just trying to help others who need specific directions, like me.

Go to home - if you've enlarged your print, you'll have to scroll the page to the far right to see the sign in section. And, if you're like me and like to keep things simple, you'll probably have to create a new, more complicated password than you had before.
    Good luck, and welcome back if you make it!

Moderators - maybe you could add a "how to return to msworld" sticky on each page? I think that would be kind. I've already submit a similar post to general questions and answers ... we seemed to have a lot of "guests" viewing ... they may be, as I was, lost for a while.
    First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
    Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

chalknpens, you're not the only lost one. everytime i try to log in I get lost. i did discover the home page idea. but the having to change my password really threw me!!! i think i had to change it at lleast 3 times before i finally remembered it twice in a row. we'll see if i rememeber it next time i log in.
    new sites pretty, but for us foggy people it's a little tricky.
    hoep we all get found soon
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Ok - I am finally logged in now, but can hardly see the print. It's making my eyes hurt really bad! What do we do to get a larger size for everything and not just the posts??? I used the CRTL +, but that made the whole page huge and couldn't see the whole page without moving the bottom scroll bar. Really frustrated~~ Seasha
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Finally here...

Thank you Chalknpens!

Comment

I had great difficulty logging in, and I am not foggy and use a computer full-time at work at a challenging job!

This new format is just much harder. I suppose we will either get used to it, or find another MS information source. Problem is, I don't know another that is as good.

Comment

Frustrated

I have been trying to login for weeks most of the time I just give up. I have a new computer and for some reason it will not download the home page for me to sign in. I wish it could be easier and misery loves company cause I am glad I am not the only one.

I got in through a back door but if you asked me how I did it I could not tell you. What a maze! I long for the other web page it was never a problem.

Comment

Yes I have only just got onto this site and it took me ages to find out how to log in and post a message, actually this is my first one so hope I have done it right. Brain getting too foggy to find my way through all these technology things, but will try. Hope next time I will get here a bit quicker!!!

Min

Comment

Welcome, Min

You're indicator light indicates that you're on, presently ... so welcome back.
                Australia ... you're heading into winter now ... we're heading into summer, with a lot of chatter about heat and humidity. I'll miss the cold weather, miss the woodstove's comfort, miss the dark evenings that invite quiet writing ...
                I'll hide from the sun as much as possible ... and when my husband and I go for a healthy walk, it will have to be in an airconditioned mall ... which will do ...
                Wishing you a happy winter season, Min.
                Be well.
                First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
                Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

Winter in OZ

Hello chalknpens. Got lost after your last post and had to find my way around again, hope I have done it this time. Thanks for you good wishes, yes we are in winter here in Australia 9C at night and 23C in the day , tomorrrow maybe cooler. Summer is difficult but we do have air conditioning which is great, except for the cost of the electricty!!!!! all in a good cause, keeping me cool!!!!
                  Ta for you good wishes and all the best to you and yours Min.

Comment

logging in

I have been trying to log in since Monday. After a 2 year abcense. I had remembered my password. I just hope I can remember it tomorrow too
                    techie
                    Another pirated saying:
                    Half of life is if.
                    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Unaccountably, a few days ago the Login page started remembering my password for me, instead of me having to remember it and type it.

Thank you whoever made that happen. When the requirements were changed to make it very hard to remember the password I had a lot of trouble, now I don't!

Comment

Working...
                      X