Riding my bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding my bike

I can brag about it here and be understood.

In July of 2007 my sister-in-law was doing her garage sale outing and found a stationary bike for sale. Knowing that I was interested she called me with the news. I told her to buy it.

I keep track of the miles I ride and today I did the math. In 2009 I rode a total of 280 miles!

Since July 2007 I have done 712.5 miles

Thanks for letting me boast!

shakes aka John

bike

Congrats John!

Nothing feels better than setting a goal and accomplishing it.

Stay with it... maybe have a scouting party keep an eye open for a rowing or elliptical machine...?!

Comment

I have my bike setup on a trainer, so I ride inside. While I miss riding outside, it's a lot safer for me to be inside.

I used to ride over 2K a year, but that has dropped significantly since my MS dx. Now I ride about 3-5 days per week for around 20 minutes.

It does feel good to accomplish something, so keep up the good work

Comment

Congrats! That's a lot of miles, John. Good job!
        Don

Comment

Keep on trucking!

Doesn't it feel great to be able to do something?

I used to bike commute to work all the time. I am now on disability but continue to ride as much as I can. I've recently moved to a recumbent trike as my balance, and left leg weakness, has made riding a bike a little dangerous. Riding keeps my blood pressure normal and sanity in place (it keeps me alive).

Comment

Hey, congrats,
            I have been thinking about buying a bike for a long time.

Comment

I have a stationary bike that makes me incredibly tired. I try to ride it about 10 miles at 20 mph. The mental boost seems to be worth the 4-6 hour recoup time. you give me inspiration to set hire goals, maybe I should track miles and set monthly goals to see if I improve. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by shakes View Post
                I can brag about it here and be understood.

In July of 2007 my sister-in-law was doing her garage sale outing and found a stationary bike for sale. Knowing that I was interested she called me with the news. I told her to buy it.

I keep track of the miles I ride and today I did the math. In 2009 I rode a total of 280 miles!

Since July 2007 I have done 712.5 miles

Thanks for letting me boast!

shakes aka John
                me too
                thank you for the post

Comment

Thanks Shakes, I did ride my recumbant bike, lost weight, and felt more energized in the process. But, I became lazy and fatigued over months of riding it everyday. I gave up, regained the weight plus more and feel defeated.
                  Your post encourages me to start again. Thanks.

Comment

Another option is hand cycling, which I do. Read about it at my blog:
                    *** Moderator's note - Personal URL removed per site guidelines. You can put the link in your profile for all registered members to see ***

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                      Another option is hand cycling, which I do. Read about it at my blog:
                      *** Moderator's note - Personal URL removed per site guidelines. You can put the link in your profile for all registered members to see ***
                      This is absurd. I'm going back to TIMS.

Comment

LOT MORE

THAT IS A LOT MORE THAN I RODE, GREATJOB!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X