Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APPROVED ON 1ST TRY FOR CCP DISABILITY WOOOHOOOO!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATS DONNA

HOW DID YOU MANAGE THAT. I AM IN PROCESS OF APPLYING FOR CPP DISABILITY.Given my condition (I AM IN a wheelchair HALF OF THE TIME, OTHER HALF OF THE TIME IT IS WALKER OR CANE. VERY SELDOM IS THAT I CAN WALK ON MY OWN. THREE MONTHS AGO I APPLIED FOR SPECIAL SKILL DOG. AS FOR FATIGUE, IT DRIVES ME INSANE.

I am uncertain of how I can convince them that I am disabled and would benefit from some support?[/COLOR] MY FAMILY DOC IS GREAT AND SHE DONE VERY GOOD JOB WITH REPORT, BUT MY NEURO IS A QUACK. SHE DRIVES ME MAD. AFTER MY LAST RELAPSE WHEN I WAS PUT ON 1250MG. PREDNISONE, I WENT TO MS CLINIC AND THEIR WINGNUTS NURSE PRACTITIONER WHEN SHE SEND HER REPORT TO MY FAMILY DOC SAID THAT I AM OVEREXAGGERATING.
    PS: ABOUT BACK PAYMENTS: I WORKED UNTIL ABOUT ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO. HOW MANY MONTHS OF BACK PAYMENTS WILL THEY PAY ME BACK IF I AM? APPROVED?

ALSO, LOTS OF PEOPLE HERE SAID ABOUT STRESSING OUT ABOUT FATIGUE WHEN YOU ARE APPLYING.
    DID ANY OF YOU , WHO GOT APPROVED HAVE EXAMPLE OF WRITTEN PERSONAL REPORT. ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE AND MOST TIME THEN NOT, I DO NOT DO JUSTICE FOR MY SELF. WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP IN THIS DEPARTMENT.
    THANKS
    LANA

Comment

Originally posted by long2walkagain View Post
      After waiting five months I got a letter from Service Canada informing me that my application has been approved. That was a huge load off my mind as I heard so many horror stories about people being denied. I did get retro for the five month waiting period. I think thanks to the help of my great Nero and GP giving the right info it went well. I am still able to walk with the aid of a cane but only for short distance. Stressing the fatige that I have I think also helped out. Maybe because I was diagnosed in 94 and kept working at a very physical job until I couldn't do it anymore helped out as well. What ever you do give them as much helpful info as possible. Good luck to all who are going through this process.
      HI. I AM JUST ABOUT TO APPLY AS WELL, ANY TIPS WHEN I FILL OUT THE FORM? THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME.
      SISI

Comment

Cpp

Hi Sisi,
        i just got my approval phone call today. i'm so happy! I knew I would get it, but hearing the words made me ecstatic!! Anyway if you want some help, send me an email through my profile page, I think/hope you can do that!) & I'll be glad to give you the info I used to help guide me through the application process.
        i have some literature that may help you and have some suggestions as well. I'm not in a wheelchair, but fatigue and MS related depression are my main issues, along with diplopia, moderate weakness in my left side/numbness and facial pain. Take care.

Comment

How much do you get after working for 15 years? How long you have to wait until after you get approved to get $$?

Comment

Help

How much do you get if you worked 15 years?. How long does it take after your approved?

Comment

i got approved on the first try also and i didnt have to see their doctor either . I guess what i submitted with all past reports from all doctors i have seen for it and addresses and so on i got approved within 2 months and i got my first check about 2 or 3 weeks later. if you get back pay you will get it first with your first months payment.

Comment

Self employed

Originally posted by daraslyte View Post
                i got approved on the first try also and i didnt have to see their doctor either . I guess what i submitted with all past reports from all doctors i have seen for it and addresses and so on i got approved within 2 months and i got my first check about 2 or 3 weeks later. if you get back pay you will get it first with your first months payment.
                What if I'm self employed? Been so for the last 10 years with a incorporated business that still I contribute to CCP through my personal taxes I'm sure, at the very least my payroll em remittances to the CRA I have match the employee contributions. I was employed from ages 15-26/27 then started my business, which does have debt to the CRA still unfortunately. I can't work on site right now as it's labor intensive construction work.however I have my business partner running the site while I recover and I'm sure I can do estimates, customer service and office work still. We have no company group plan but next year I need to implement that I think somehow.

should I even bother applying ? Or continue to do light duties In the office which is important and lightens the load on my partner so he can run the crew in the field, I can supply them the work and manage the website and do correspondence, estimates, invoicing, GST adding and some payroll and light bookkeeping.

what are your thoughts? I'm interested as it's hard to get a straight answer.

much appreciated,

-all the best

Comment

Working...
                X