No announcement yet.

tantrum time for the Patricia Cornwell fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In her newest book; Port Mortuary she describes herself as having short blonde hair. I am almost certain in past books she has described Kate as having dark hair.

Comment

Easy answer...sex sells and let's face it folks, Jolie is pretty uninhibited. But I agree, Jodie Foster or anyone else but Jolie. I was So looking forward to SALT, and discovered it was a bomb.
      I have a lot of Cornwells books too.

Comment

Something about Angelina

There is no doubt that Angelina is a gorgeous woman and good actress and mother. However there is something about her that reminds me of a quality in Mia Farrow that always bothered me especially when she got skinnier. I mean when Mia got skinnier like Angelina. It is a kind of wan and pale overly dieted and kind of lank type of thing that is hard to pinpoint. I always felt with Mia that I just wanted her to like shake all over or something and GET IT OUT OF HER. There is something inscrutable about passive skinny beauty types that is beyond my comprehension I guess because I am the total opposite type myself.

And just like the person who started this thread: Jodi Foster is just more my type especially for a serious role. Jodi has got that special something that just gets you. I hope she doesn't make herself all skinny and wan and pale..

Comment

re: Scarpetta series!

legzzalot, Are you serious, a movie?! Can't miss that.

Did not know until now that Scarpetta was a series. I'm

just finishing "The last Precinct"; it's amazing.

I'll be looking for the other books in the series. Thanks for

the info.

(btw) Have you read the Alex Cross series by Patterson?

hugs, angel
          livelover

Comment

Scarpetta

legzzalot,

I've read the series also, and I agree with you on their choice

of actress. I was thinking Julia Roberts; that girl can play

any part, and do it well!

I like Nora as well. Loved "Blue Smoke".

hugs, angel
            livelover

Comment

i have always wondered when they would make these books into movies so i am excited to hear that it is in the works
              just recently here in australia they played some movies that were supposed to be patricia cornwall but they were not kay scarpetta and i did not recognize the titles- but most importantly, they were not well made- definately made for tv stuff!

i used to love Robin Cook books and they did make movies from a couple of these, Coma was one and while the book was pretty good (definately dated now though!) the movie was dreadful- had i not already read the book it would have put me off trying other Cook titles!!

Someone else mentioned having a shelf of cornwall and then a shelf each for several other Authors, i have done the same thing- mainly because when i find an author i like i just want the next one and so forth, in fact i usually only swap when i can't get another in the current authors name! i particularly like series like the scarpetta novels as it is almost like you get to know the characters. Another Author i put in this catagory is Jonathan kellerman and to a slighlty lesser extent, his wife faye kellerman- their son has also started writing crime novels now but i have not read his yet!

anyway, back to my choice for scarpetta- i instantly pictured jodie foster, and i do't think the blonde hair should rule her out- there are blonde italians and she is italian decent- all of we european decent folk are mixed heritage to point anyway simply because of all the invasions etc over the millenia! But susan sarandon would do a good job too, i don't think i have ever seen either of them do a dud movie= i like AJ but she has had a couple of not so great films but the bigger issue is that i tend to think of her with the more physcial roles than intellectual ones

Comment

Oh dear, I totally agree. And yes, I agree one of my reasons is the Jennifer Aniston thing - but I've always thought she was weird. But she is not, and cannot be Scarpetta. I didn't see her as a Jodie Foster type - I figured Jodie Foster type for her niece - but Angelina Jolie certainly doesn't fit the bill.
                Diagnosis: May, 2008
                Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Fo anyone who need it, here is the chronological list of PC's books
                  Fiction series

"Kay Scarpetta" series:'

Postmortem (1990)
                  Body of Evidence (1991)
                  All That Remains (1992)
                  Cruel and Unusual (1993)
                  The Body Farm (1994)
                  From Potter's Field (1995)
                  Cause of Death (1996)
                  Unnatural Exposure (1997)
                  Point of Origin (1998)
                  Black Notice (1999)
                  The Last Precinct (2000)
                  Blow Fly (2003)
                  Trace (2004)
                  Predator (2005)
                  Book of the Dead (2007)
                  Scarpetta (2008)
                  The Scarpetta Factor (2009)
                  Port Mortuary (2010)
                  Red Mist (2011)
                  The Bone Bed (2012)

Andy Brazil/Judy Hammer series:

Hornet's Nest (1997)
                  Southern Cross (1999)
                  Isle of Dogs (2001)

At Risk / Win Garano series:

At Risk (2006)
                  The Front (2008)

Children's Books:

Life's Little Fable (1999)

Non-fiction

A Time for Remembering Biography of Ruth Bell Graham(1983)
                  Ruth, A Portrait: The Story of Ruth Bell Graham (1997)
                  Scarpetta's Winter Table (1998)
                  Food to Die For: Secrets from Kay Scarpetta's Kitchen (2002)
                  Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed (2002)

Comment

p cornwell

Legzzalot,
                    I am also a devoted fan
                    I pure ordered "dust to dust", still waiting... are you aware of more
                    KS books?

That IS exciting... A Scarpetta movie!

As far as AJ, I'm in total agreement.. .she doesn't fit the role. It's ironic,
                    though. I was talking about that very thing a month ago.
                    What about Julienne Moore? Julia Roberts? My friend said Jodie
                    Foster!
                    livelover

Comment

p. cornwell

Legzzalot,
                      I saw part of "at risk" BT could not get into īt; downloaded the book
                      this morning.
                      The movie "at risk" came out 2010.
                      Are they making another?

I agree totally that A. J. is not the right fit for the part, J. F could....

What about Sandra Bullock?
                      Let's toss some names, huh?
                      livelover

Comment

I liked the first half dozen books, but then Kaye turned into the world's greatest sex bomb, the niece was a chopper pilot after two weeks and her boyfriend had his face removed and put in a jar. Just got too weird.
                        And I like weird, but not insane.

Comment

Working...
                        X