• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSW is my support group....
    I haven't really looked into any here.

Littlebelle, how are you doing today?

Laurasecord, how are you today?

I'm home now, i got my cast off my foot and it feels so good to get rid of it. My foot is a little sore and i really need a good moisterizer and a pedicure...

I'm just taking it easy today.

Take care fellow canadians
    Cindy

When a cow laughs, does milk come up his nose?

Comment

So glad you got your cast off. Do not over do it

Well I spent the shortest time on the MS Main land back to Limbo land. They have not said no it is not MS, they still believe it is but are just not sure enough and to make sure they have run every human test possible that mimics MS. Before they can start me on Drugs.

He said I do not think you have these rare disorders just want to be sure. Better save than sorry. And you know what he said unfortunately if you test positive there is no cure either.

Needles to say it was such a downer

But on the upside I feel like one of doctor House's patients. The team getting together and discussing my case to throw around other possible things.

Too bad they are not as good as House. He has it figured out in 1 hour
      Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

No Way!!!!

As horrible as MS is i was so glad you finally got some answers at least.
        I'm glad you have a team working for you.
        I wish i had that team... no neuro and pcp has no clue he just says its neurological in nature.

I guess its good to be sure about a dx but at the same time i know how frustrating it can be....

Take care
        Cindy

Comment

HI, to all Canadians I am fro the city of Guelph Ontario not far from Hamilton or Toronto. My neuro is in London Ontario, didn't know I could claim mileage. Good to know thanks.

Not really diagnoded, they keep saying the are pretty sure it is ms but not 100%.

I am not on anything except AD before I go to bed and pills for my bladder dysfunction.

I have lesions on brain, neck and on my aback, failed the evoke potential test, and had my LP about three weeks ago, have not heard anything yet. (vacation time) I guess.

Hope everyone is good tonight.

Comment

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to our little group

Hopefully you get answers soon..

Keep us posted.

Cindy

Comment

Welcome JackieV. This is a fledging start to find more canadians and yes there are managing to make there way over here to say hi.
              Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

OK group. We are starting the foundation of getting info for Canadian Resources on the MSWorld Forums. As we know we have different medical system, some different drugs, etc. And it is MSWorld The admin people seem really interested in adding more resources.

So I am beginning to organzise some links ie. Tax breaks for Income Tax. Links for finacial support for drugs. Getting disability etc. If you have any info you would like to share you can either post it here or PM. What does our MS society provide. Like cooling vests. I know the US does but does ours. Do not think so. But could be wrong.

Oh by the way there is a Canadian chat on these board. Maybe we can meet in there. Now this will take a bit of time. But it would be so nice to have a spot were we can go for info.

Comment

Littlebelle,

That's sounds like a great idea.
                  We probably have resources and services that are available to us.. that we don't know about.

Will probably check out chat later..didn't know there was a canadian one.

Have a good day
                  Cindy

Comment

Wow!! You guys are doing a great job. It would be great to have those resources available online!!

Thanks for taking on this job.

I know what you mean about having all the tests just to be told that, after all that time and money, you have a disease for which there is no cure. I've taken to referring to my neurologist as my 'apologist' because he is very nice and very sympathetic. I always feel sorry for him to have gone through so much schooling etc and now he does his tests and says he wishes there was something he could do to help, but there really isn't.

Good to see some more Canadians gathering.

If anyone is going to be in the Grand Bend/London area on the weekend of the 28th of July, I am doing the MS Ride...so give me a cheer, or maybe we can hook up for a coffee!!

MVL

Comment

Wow aren't we energetic. I am so glad you can do this. Wish you all the best

Comment

Well, I don't know if I'm energetic or just stupid!! I used to run marathons and race triathlons but all that stopped when my MS reared its ugly head. But I figure I should have 150KM in me still.

I rode last night and my reward was to be caught in a torential downpour. I spent the last 1k dodging flying soccer balls and falling tree limbs!! I could barely see to get home, let alone manouver...but I'll tell you...I was laughing my head off when my rubber legs and I finally got home.

I haven't felt like that since before my diagnosis, so I've decided that as long as I'm able I'll do one MS ride a year.

I've already managed to raise almost $600.00!!!!! Probably only because I promised everyone at work that if they found a cure for MS, I'd stop whining!!!

Thanks for the good wishes.

MVL

Comment

That is awesome!!!

Good for you! I knew you could do it.
                          Just take it a little easy today alright.

Hugs
                          cindy

Comment

Wow 150 Km just saying that makes me tired. I am so glad you can do this. Take it easy and enjoy the ride let us know how it goes. Good luck

Comment

I am from Canada, born in Alberta, grew up in Ontario. I live in the USA (have for around 3 years now) but I am moving back to Canada first week of August. I will be living on Vancouver Island, probably in Victoria.
                              Penny

"Turn Obstacles into Stepping Stones"

Comment

Hi Penny,

I'm in Victoria! There are a few of us on Vancouver Island.

C

Comment

Working...
                                X