Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked online, and one of the side effects listed is headache (along with basically everything else you could imagine). Can you try taking a Tylenol either just before or shortly after the Elavil to get a jump on the headache? Or did the Dr tell you not to take it together?
    Laura

Comment

Or can you take the Elavil just before you go to bed, and hopefully be asleep before the side effects hit?

Comment

I took it too late last night and the headache woke me up...
        I did take the two together once and was sooo loopy i couldn't move.

I feel like that enough...i don't need to do it on purpose..lol

My whole sleep cycle is messed up... so hopefully this will kick-start it again..
        If its not the insomnia its the pain... i can't win..
        I would love to be knocked out cold... just for one good nights sleep..

So its baby steps for me.

When a cow laughs, does milk come up his nose?

Comment

When I took Elavil (20 mg at bedtime) I went right to sleep until morning. Didn't remember a thing and suffered no side effects - although I was too out of it to know!
          Hopefully this will work for you.
          Laura

Comment

Hi I'm from Hamilton in Ontario. I'm glad someone started this thread. I was starting to think there really weren't that many Canadians out there with MS!

I'm on Copaxone, and my work covers part of it, which is good since it is wickedly expensive. I'm applying to Trillium to help with the rest as it still eats up my income like crazy. I think Trillium is income driven, and from what I can tell they only ask a reasonable amount from you and then they pick up the tab for the rest. You have to get what's called a 'section 8' from your neurologist to prove you need to be on the drug. (reminds me of Klinger from MASH)

Good to see some other locals!!

Take care

MVL

Comment

Hi MVL,

Welcome to our corner of msw.
              I have family in Hamilton , they live on crerar drive .. i think that's the name.

My doc is afraid to prescrive anything for me due to the lack of health insurance.

Maybe if i had trillium he would be more willing to treat my sx.

Have a nice day
              Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by misshayleesmom View Post
                Hi MVL,

Welcome to our corner of msw.
                I have family in Hamilton , they live on crerar drive .. i think that's the name.

My doc is afraid to prescrive anything for me due to the lack of health insurance.

Maybe if i had trillium he would be more willing to treat my sx.

Have a nice day
                Cindy
                Unfortunately, I think you have to be on the drug before you can apply for Trillium...kind of a Catch 22.

MVL

Comment

Hi All. I did sent my request to a moderator

The response was very nice. In there 6 years on the board they have not see a Canadian sub group.

The moderator is going to take the request to the administration. To discuss.

Welcome MVL. See we are getting the Canadians out of the wood work . Eh Canada
                  Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

Also I was given very helpful tips to make it easier to find this post.

As for finding your post, you might consider subscribing to your posts, as I do. Click on UserCP (under the MSWorld logo) and choose Edit Options. Under Messaging & Notification, you'll see Default Thread Subscription Mode.

You have your choice of how to be notified when someone posts to a thread that you are subscribed to (I chose no notification). It's a great feature that keeps every thread that you participated in at your fingertips. I find it helpful to remove inactive threads as time goes by.

Or, you can pull up your profile and click View All Posts.

So I would suggest this. So we can keep this going and see more of our Canadian Buddies
                    Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

Will do,

I'll subsribe and see how it goes.

Comment

Yes subscribing to this thread made it easier to find this thread

So are any of you attending a support group. I am a little disappointed in my groups.

The one in Barrie meets every Friday Morning for exercise. I was like what. That is it. I work so not support there.

And Toronto I am not sure which group I would fit into. Since I work in Toronto and live in Barrie.

Have any of you found support.

Also I posted on the general forums. With all the testing done. The only thing left is MS. Got a book to read to decide what meds to take.

Comment

Also I know the US get free cooling vest with a DX of MS. Do we have anything similar in Canada.

Oh and where do I find the income tax form to claim my MS visits. I it 100 km away so from door to door 200Km. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mvl View Post
                            You have to get what's called a 'section 8' from your neurologist to prove you need to be on the drug. (reminds me of Klinger from MASH)

Good to see some other locals!!

Take care

MVL
                            That is too funny we Msers in Canada are section 8 material ROFL

Comment

You don't need a specific form to claim mileage etc for income tax. Just keep track of the date, who you saw, and the miles. You can also claim meals. If you need someone to drive you, you can claim meals for them as well.
                              I will ask my hubby, as there is a minimum mileage amount (ie must be over 40 km) and see what the rates are.
                              Laura

Comment

It has to be greater than 40 km one way. For 2006, the rate for Ontario was 48.5 cents/km. For meals you can either keep receipts or use the simple method, which is $17 per meal to a maximum of $51/day.
                                Disclaimer: I am not a CA, so double check this info with your accountant, or the CCRA website.
                                Laura

Comment

Working...
                                X