Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have basically done what Faith suggested and said I have something neurological going on to other people who need to know something's going on.
    I had a "leukemia scare" just over a year ago. My doc told me he thought I had chronic leukemia. Turns out it was nothing, but I told my friends/family at the time. Now I don't want to stress everyone out with this, so I try to keep it quiet, as the leukemia thing scared my family and inlaws a lot.
    So I just told my inlaws that they are looking for something neurological, and left it at that for now.

My family and inlaws don't even know I've had my MRI, they think it's in September (it was originally planned for Sept 23) just because I wanted a chance to get the test and results before people started calling and emailing asking how it went, and what it said, and when we'll find out.

Christine
    Neurontin's for NEUROTIC pain?? Something you're trying to tell me doc???

Comment

Well was going to move back first week of August but was unable to. Turns out that I have a student loan that I thought was over and done with....oops my bad. Now have to pay some of it back before I can go back to school, so now I have to wait until some time this spring. *Crosses fingers**
      Penny

"Turn Obstacles into Stepping Stones"

Comment

Faith

Hi Faith, yes, that sounds like a plan. I told the folks I feel closest to, who I know will support me no matter what the outcome.

I think I feel comfortable saying "Something is wrong neurologically and I am having some testing." and if presssed for further information, I would just say "I don't know anything more than that right now." and leave it at that.

I did feel the need to tell my closest friends and family because I just couldn't imagine going through the stress of this alone.
        DX w/NMO Nov. 2012
        (Mistakenly DX w/MS March 2008)

Comment

signing in

Dennis D here have had ms for a lot of years, dx in 1972 had a remision for 8 yrs. but have progessed conciderably lately.

I still drive and get around the house with a walker and scooter outrside.

Live in Langley BC

Comment

Hello from across the water!

C

Comment

hi tinkerbell sorry to hear about your loan.. what school where you going to? I've been to vancouver, wa a couple times.... some of a my college friends went to highschool there even though they lived in portland.

and welcome prairie girl.. i was born in wpg as well. Now I settle for living 500 km north of it.... but I did live in langley for 4 years while I completeled university. I was dx out there... and actually have a million good memories. Yesterday it even rained here (semi arid)... reminded me of the lower mainland!

and hey dennd, welcome. as I just mentioned to prairie... I was dx in langley... both my optho and neuro are in langley city. sounds like there were quite a few of us out there!

anyways... sorry to meet everyone this way but i wish you all the best.
              Laughter is a medicine with no side effects.
              26 y/o dx with RRMS @ 21. Rebif 44. Amantadine then Modafinal

Comment

Fellow Coaster here... I am a 40 yr old mom to 5. I have Trigiminal Neuralgia, dx after a hellish week and a trip to the ER last December. After some unsuccessful attempts to treat it with Anti-seizure meds, I was sent to see a Neurologist (in April). Since then I have had an MRI (which showed 4 lesions) and now I await a Spinal MRI. Is this MS? I'd sure love to know - chances are likely but not absolute dr assures me. Great to find you all.
                Cherry
                Mom to 5
                Dx July/09

Comment

Ooh, I am so excited to be here!
                  My partner was diagnosed with MS earlier this year.
                  We live on the west coast now, used to live out east in Toronto and Richmond Hill.
                  We are having a hard time with the health care system over here. There doesn't seem to be enough resources, money and thus - support.
                  All my partner has received so far is Ditropan for his urinary symptoms. Then there was some talk about a brace and Botox treatment for his leg to improve his walking, but we haven't heard anything in months.
                  I really have to familiarize myself with the services that are available to us and things we could do.
                  Another thing - he is so incredibly busy with his job, so taking care of his health is often a challenge. And he also doesn't want me to mommy him. Understandable.
                  This morning he was knocked over by dizziness and hot flashes, so 'thank goodness' he is taking it easy today and skipping work.

We are a bit in a state of confusion as to future plans and just taking it one day at a time right now.

Anyway - so glad to have found this thread, haven't really read through the whole thing yet but will get to it.

Prairiegirl, I love you avatar! Who knows - I might be able to WALK over to your house and pay you a visit - I think I may be in your close proximity.
                  I never come uninvited though (didn't mean to scare you ).

Comment

I was going to go to Camosun College in Victoria, BC and then go on to UVIC. Maybe since I am stuck here for now, I may see if I can go to either Clark College in Vancouver, WA or Portland Community College in Portland, OR.
                    Penny

"Turn Obstacles into Stepping Stones"

Comment

I live in Langley too! My optho is in Langley, my GP in Surrey (like her too much to give her up) and my Neuro is Vancouver.

Comment

I used to live in Langley! Aldergrove actually. And had the most awesome doctor out that way. The opthomologist I saw out there was in Surrey, Dr. Willms I believe. He was excellent.

Small world.
                        My kids call me "Mommy, I'm bored."
                        My husband calls me "Honey, where's my cell phone?".
                        My friends call me Rebecca.

Comment

Langley, BC

HI Greenhurst, Join our Langley ms group, we meet the 3rd Tues of every mo.
                          except July & Aug., 11:30 at Andreas restaurent on 56th, see you there. (probly a member alreddy)

Denn

Comment

Hi and thank you for the invite, I would love to meet with you all. Sadly, I am at work during the week days (except Wednesday's which I use to recharge my personal batteries) and can't come Tuesday mornings. Unless I run away from the office, but I think they would notice I am gone after a while.

Let me know if there is every any thing else you guys are up to, I would be very interested. We have a busy schedule around my house with renovations, work, my son's hockey, my daughters dressage competitions, so finding time is hard but I would try.

I was diagnosed in March of 2006. I am married (celebrated 24 year anniversary this month) have a 21 year old daughter and a 17 year old son.

Nice to hear from other Langley members!

Comment

Hi I live in Emo On
                              I was dx with ms five years ago. Im so happy to find this site. As i really need people to talk to with ms. I tried a ms support group here but the people in it were a lot older then me and did not feel comfortable with them not that i didn't mind all there wisdom but i needed to find some people my own age and i see that there are here on this site. Im 45 a single father of three with one still at home.

Comment

Welcome Terry!

C

Comment

Working...
                                X