Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started on 25mg and worked up from there. Maybe you should start at the low dosage. I remember my first few weeks it was hard. I felt hung over and dizzy to. Now I have no issues. Hope it can help you too.
    Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

thanks i will... i'm only at 10 mg.
      25mg was too strong for me.. i was sick for three days..

When a cow laughs, does milk come up his nose?

Comment

Hi, I'm here from Alberta. I just thought I would chime in. This is a great idea and particularily timely, especially after our little discussion last week Littlebelle.

Comment

I would also like to know why they moved this thread especially since just a few posts above your's there is a post calling all Oklahoma people(sorry I don't know the plural of Oklahoma). If the powers that be are going to move your post, they should move others like it as well.

Comment

I have no clue. May it is because we started with introductions and they did not see it was for everything Canadian.

I will ask them tomorrow where we can put this.
            Calling all Canadians!!! Come on over and check out this new forum Multiple Sclerosis Canada

Comment

There's also a post for people from Tennessee just below yours as well by the way.

Comment

Wow this post was sure hard to find this morning. I will ask if we can get a sub category. So other Canadians can find needed info that is different in our Country

Comment

Thanks,

That sounds like a good idea.

Comment

I sent a nice PM asking for a place for us Canadians. Since the post gets lost in the cafe.

Anyone know the name of the marijuana spray we can get in Canada.

Comment

The marijuana spray is called Sativex.

On the topic of Lyrica/Neurontin (Gabapentin) - it is true that Lyrica is expensive, but Gabapentin isn't. I don't remember the exact cost, but I know when I pick up a Rx it isn't expensive. I think fairly similar to Elavil.

Saskatchewan Health has an online drug formulary that you can search to find the cost of specific drugs. Alternatively, your pharmacist should be able to tell you.
                      Laura

Comment

Strangely, most drugs don't bother me, but Elavil did. It really aggravated the tremors in my right hand/arm, so I had to stop taking it.
                        Laura
                        Also, a lot of drugs are available in a generic form, which is much cheaper than the brand name version.

Comment

I find Gabapentin works really well for nerve pain and isn't really expensive. Also, most Dr's have drug samples to give out. My Dr is really good to give me samples to try, before prescribing them.

I would definitely check with your provincial health dept. to see what options there is for drug coverage if you or your hubby aren't working. Usually it is based on your previous year's income, but they also usually have a provision for those whose income has changed mid year - ie. out of work, injured, etc.
                          Laura

Comment

I took elavil last night.
                            Huge headache soon after.. loopy and groggy.
                            I had to take a tylenol in the middle of the night and that seemed to help.

I think i will stick it out with the elavil and once the side effects go away maybe i won't to take the tylenol.

Maybe if i take it earlier in the evening likme 7:30 i won't have to wait till 2 am to take something else.

Comment

I take my elavil early around 7:30 because I have less of a hangover affect in the morning. I am not sure that a bad headache should happen with this drug. Did you call your doctor or pharmacy to find out if this is a possible side affect.

Comment

It's one of the side effects.. all the things us limbolanders don't want her need.

I will take it again tonight like you said around 7:30 and go to bed later so that the pain won't wake me up.

I'm usually in bed for the night between 9-10 so i'll have to just wait a little longer.

Thanks for the info .. i'll try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X