No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Spanish Lover by Joanna Trollope (1993). I usually like her novels, and this one is holding my attention.

Comment

"The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd was very good & will be shown as a movie on Lifetime Sept. 9th, with encores on the 10th and 11th.

Victoria

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next" Gilda Radner

Comment

Jasper fforde's The Fourth Bear.
        Well first you have to read the big over easy to get you on the right track to understand where book 2 takes off from.

Great puns based on literary references and plot schemes.

funny...

I highly recommend for some entertaining reading..

Midway through Jefferey Deaver's Cold moon...
        Story sounds earily familiar, i am going to have to do some searching to see why....
        Still a good listen

Comment

Originally posted by josiesmom
          I just finished Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anserson. It was pretty good. Now I'm stuck on what to start next. I'm considering Life of Pi. My dad's wife recommended it.
          I loved Life of Pi. It sounded strange to me when I first heard about it, but I thought it was a great book.

I'm reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes. As usual with Diana Gabaldon, this promises to be a wonderful story.
          MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

Just finished Reckless Disregard by Lt. Col. Robt Patterson. Documents the many missed opportunities throughout the past 20 yrs to thwart terrorism. Fascinating read.

Comment

I'm still reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes--halfway through now, but I also wanted to say that I just finished The Secret Life of Bees. Wow! Now I understand why so many people have recommended it. I thought it was awesome!
              MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

Hmmm, I read Secret Life of Bees and thought it was okay, enjoyable but no great shakes. I'm more of a non-fiction kinda person.

Comment

Iincredibly Loud and Extremelly Close is up in my top ten faves. Great charc developement and awesome writing. Look forward to reading Everything Illuminated.
                  wendy

Comment

A couple days into Freakonomics by steven levitt.

Very intersting read, spins out a whoole new way to use economic theories.

Anaylsis of cheating teachers and sumo wrestlers, and campaign spending impacts... realtors, drug dealers, you name it he seems to provide a look into the common beliefs and then sees if the data supports the belief

Comment

Originally posted by daisymay
                      I am reading BEACH HOUSE by James Patterson. DH got me hooked on him. Always a great read! Mystery w/a good story line.

Each chapter is told thru the eyes of a different character in the book.
                      Never read a book like that. Pretty good so far.
                      I've just read 'The March' by E L Doctorow...actually did an unabridged book on tape, though I have the printed version too.

It's about Sherman's march to the Sea during the Civil War.

As we (DH and I were listening) we found ourselves traveling (literally) past some of the places the Union and Confederate armies actually were at. We were heading to help a friend in Greenville, SC move.

Actually got the book on tape at Crackerbarrel on the way up North to Michigan and it turned out to be 10 discs so it was a real long one....

Hope we get it back in time or we are out some money!!!

Dh is reading 'Sword of the Prophet' which is about Islam and Mohammed. Struggle to read and not a happy book. Everyone should read something like this though. It is a real mind opener.

Diane

Comment

Does anyone like the Patrick O'Brian series?

I'm up to #13--The Thirteen Gun Salute. Thanks to this series, I discovered a love of ships and boats, reading about them that is.

I'm also reading The Great Mortality by John Kelly. It is about the Black Death in the 1300's. It's graphic, but very interesting.

MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

As per Ceci's advice, I am just about to start reading Michael J. Fox's book
                          LUCKY MAN. I have to finish a Stuart Wood's book first. Looking forward tp reading it.

Comment

The 100 Secrets of Happy People by David Niven PHD
                            Writing and Publishing Personal Eassays by Sheila Bender
                            Writing Personal Essays by Sheila Bender
                            Light on Pranayama by BKS Iyengar
                            Love where you are right now.

Comment

aside from reading this chat room board... I am reading an administrators guide to windows XP... trying to keep up on my computer skills... I was a computer hardware tech, and broadcast DJ before i quit working and had to apply for SSDI...

If anyone needs help with their computer, feel free to email me, and I'll try to help however i can...

Comment

I'm reading Colin Powell's autobiography. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X