What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novels by Thomas Pynchon

I just started "Against the Day" this morning. This is one I've been a bit scared of ever since I started reading Pynchon.
    RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
    "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

im in the middle of a series - the black dagger brotherhood. its sexy crime fighting vampires. its a little cheezy, but i cant put it down!
      Katie
      dx rrms: 2/12
      copaxone 3/12 - current
      dx pcos 6/13
      gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

Ita All The Buzz...

Reading Buzz Aldrin's life story. We all consider the moon experience as a magnificient achievement. After that most interesting bit, it is a story about alcoholism, ex-wives and wo-is meisms.

The book turns-out to be about as interesting as trying to understand your cel-phone bill.

Comment

SHOGUN and Outlander series

Re reading Shogun right now... one of my very favorite long books.

just finished the Outlander series (there will be a new book in early 2014)

Also just finished The Passage and its sequel, The Twelve.

All very good books.

Comment

Still working through "Against the Day" by Thomas Pynchon. Started in March and am now on page 792.

Along the way, finished "The Last Crusade-The Epic Voyages of Vasco Da Gama" by Nigel Cliff.
            > I highly recommend this to anyone with an interest (or not!) in history, spices and their use, and the continuing religious conflicts between christians, muslims, jews, and hindus.
            RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.

Comment

ridgerunnr11, I've never been able to read Thomas Pynchon. I'm not sure what the problem has been--maybe just that his books tend to be long.

Is there a Thomas Pynchon work you'd recommend to start with?
              MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Short Pynchon book..

Try "The Crying of Lot 49". Or "Vineland"

Comment

I'm just finishing book 5 in George RR Martin's "Fire & Ice" That inspired HBO's "Game of Thrones",I can't wait for the next book comming in the fall. I love it,you just get so caught up.

Comment

Just finished "The Twelve" by Justin Cronin, very interesting and somewhat bizarre read. This was a follow up to his book "The Passage".

Comment

I still call it reading though technically it is listening. Between my vision problems an d crazy cognition reading became impossible and I forced myself to adapt to audio books. I just finished The Little Giant kf Aberdeen by Tiffany Baker - very good! Now I am into The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It is very intrresting to choose books based on how they sound and not what they say!
                      M.
                      A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

last night i finished 'just this once- escape to new zealand'. it is only 99 cents in the kindle store. i would highly recommend it if you are looking for a lighthearted romantic book
                        Katie
                        dx rrms: 2/12
                        copaxone 3/12 - current
                        dx pcos 6/13
                        gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

Just finished one

just finished 'Inferno' Dan Brown. Not his best but still a good read.

I am moving on to read Robin Cook's 'Death Benefits'. I usually like his books, mostly medical thrillers, I will keep you posted.

Comment

I recently read Awkward *****: My Life With MS. It was pretty good!

I also reread the Flowers in the Attic series... such nostalgic trash!

Currently reading Orange is the New Black. Loved the Netflix series.

Comment

I love the book "Zealot".

It makes sense of all the questions I've had when reading scripture. I came away feeling relieved that I'm to the only one who saw holes in the narrative. And it's backed up by documented facts.

Comment

I have Zealot on my to read list too!

Right now I'm reading Unclean Jobs for Women and Girls which is a strange and quirky collection of short stories by Alissa Nutting.

Comment

Working...
                                X