No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished reading Marley and Me. It's a delightful book about a man, his family, and his dog Marley. It's going to be made into a movie soon.

I love animals, but I don't think you have to be an animal lover to enjoy the book.

I also read Breakdown Lane, I thought it was good, but hard to get through too.

Happy reading
    dx: Probable Demylenating disease. Copper & Vitamin D deficiency.

Comment

I loved The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd and was really excited to read her other book The Mermaid Chair I was sadly disappointed. I don't recommend it. When I went to the library, the librarian helped me find books by David Baldacci and got Total Control. I will let you know what I think. She also recommended the Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke. It is a nice read, enjoyable and well written. She puts recipes in the story! I am almost done and I recommend this book. She has others, too. I seem to relate to the main character in funny ways.
      When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. --Erma Bombeck

Comment

Where Would You Rather Be? - the autobiography of Marv Levy, most famous for being head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

The complete sentence would be "Where would you rather be than right here, right now?" something he said to his team before every game.
        dx June 1994
        Tanstaafl !

Comment

I also just checked The Breakdown Lane by J. Mitchard out of the library.

Just finished Teri Garr's Speedbumps, which I liked.
          Dx RRMS 12/05, RNY Gastric Bypass 12/12, NASH Cirrhosis 12/12, JCV+ 9/13

Copaxone started 12/05, Switched to Rebif 11/07, Tysabri 10/08-9/13, Moved to Tecfidera 12/1/13

Comment

I just finished David Baldacci's Total Control. It was good, a little long, and did not make me want to read another but may read Absolute Power, his first. I got a Janet Evanovich book out of the library and in the first chapter there were 3 major editing errors. I took it back. But I mentioned it to the librarian and she asked if it was large print. It was. She said she always find errors in large print books. Interesting. So I am going tomorrow to get the book in regular print. My hubby travels around the state alot for work and he is blind in one eye. I suggested he listen to books in the truck. I got him the first in the Left Behind series and he loves it! I am so excited because he loves a good story but it is tiring for him to read.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. --Erma Bombeck

Comment

Breakdown Lane-I read it last summer and it is slow and the other family members are idiots but what kept me reading was that finally a author tried to present a realistic view of someone with MS and how the world may react. I downloaded the read copy to my IPod so I can listen to it again. I like Mitchard as a author.

Comment

Originally posted by av8rgirl
                Yes, Stephanie Plum is a quite a character! It is a series that Janet Evanovich writes and the books come out in July! It is a great series and Stephanie is a private detective who gets herself into a lot of hysterical situations.

You have to start reading them from number one!
                I just started reading it today! I love it!!! I cannot put it down!

Twelve Sharp. OMG! This is going to be her best, I can tell right now.

Comment

Another Book

Hi friends,
                  I just finished "The Christmas Train" by David Baldacci. It is not the children's book that was made into a movie. But it should be a movie! That will make sense when you read it. It is a great read and page turner. It is not a mystery but will hold your attention. I got it Monday afternoon and was finished reading it Wednesday a.m. Check it out. Now I am reading "Keeping Faith" by Jodi Picoult. In the book, Faith is a 7-year old girl.

Comment

ONE THOUSAND WHITE WOMEN by Jim Fergus. I listened to it on cd, the reader was amazing. Takes place in the 1870's, native Americans want to trade the women for horses. Written in journal form by a woman who was institutionilized for 'promiscuity'.

Highly recommend this one.
                    wendy

Comment

Just finished Paper Mage and starting The Fatigue Artist.

I tend to read most of my books through Paperbackswap.com. You pay nothing for the books, but you do pay for the postage to mail them (about 1.59. Then they are yours to keep or relist and remail to someone else.

There are some series/authors I just won't part with. LOL
                      There are those who make things happen,
                      Those that watch things happen,
                      And those who wonder what happened.

Comment

Hi all! SInce I started this thread, I am now on my 4th Stuart Wood's book. This particular series is focusing on following the same characters and of course, adding some. Feels like a mini series. Very good reading.....

He's a great author!

Comment

I'm reading "Upstairs Girls", a history of prostitution in the American west.

It's a gritty, real, but fascinating look at the lives of prostitutes when the west was being settled. Tough lives back then.
                          Dx'd 11/3/05
                          Rebif 12/1/05

Comment

I am reading Elizabeth Adler's new book - "Sailing to Capri" - it's really good

Comment

I just finished Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anserson. It was pretty good. Now I'm stuck on what to start next. I'm considering Life of Pi. My dad's wife recommended it.
                              Belinda

"Keep passing the open windows."
                              John Irving

Comment

Laurie Halse Anserson lives near my town. She goes to the bookstore here often and writes or does book readings. Kinda cool, huh?

I am starting The Third Secret by Steve Berry. I just finished his The Templar Legacy, which I really liked. He is somewhat like Dan Brown as his novels are combined with lots of Catholic Church history and conspiracies. It always keeps me guessing.

Also reading What Remains by Caroline Radziwill, married to Jackie O's nephew and she was best friends with John Kennedy Jr.'s wife, Carolyn Besette Kennedy. The non-fiction book is about her life and losing her husband very young to cancer and the loss of JFK Jr. and CBK.

Before that I finished a non-fiction called Fat Girl and boy could I relate to a lot of that book. I am the fat girl, turned anorexic and bulimic, to fat woman, back to bulimic and then to fat woman again. Sigh.

Weeble
                                Dx RRMS 12/05, RNY Gastric Bypass 12/12, NASH Cirrhosis 12/12, JCV+ 9/13

Copaxone started 12/05, Switched to Rebif 11/07, Tysabri 10/08-9/13, Moved to Tecfidera 12/1/13

Comment

Working...
                                X