What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora Roberts.

Im reading the sign seven trilogy now. Getting ready to finish blood brothers,and starting on The hallow tomorrow.

I am constinatly reading something,from Stephen King,Dean Koontz,or Nora Roberts.
    RRMS-2007-2012
    SPMS-2012
    Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
    currently on Rebif

Comment

Margaret Atwood

I just finished Margaret Atwood's Year of the Flood. It was great, just like all her works.
      Portia

Comment

RICHARD RUSSO

Just finished Richard Russo's Empire Falls. Great book and one in which he won the Pullitzer's Prize. I am also watching the DVD which was a HBO series on TV. Good characterization!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Now I'm reading Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. It is very good.

Comment

Read City of Thieves by David Benioff for my book group. Also read Hinds' Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard, and three books by Elizabeth Berg, What We Keep, Joy School, and The Art of Mending.

My next book for book group is A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon.

Comment

Hi all, posting my first message here

I've recently read the Millenium Series from Stieg Larsson (The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest). It was really breathtaking. And now I've just ordered "The Mesnevi" by Jela'd-din Rumi after my dx. Guess it will take at least a couple of months to finish and perceive it
              Just a dream and wind to carry me, soon I will be free...

Comment

"More Than Money" by Neil Cavuto about and a news anchor man who had cancer and beat it and then was dx with MS, and other stories of people who learned life's ultimate lesson and how they coped with it. just got it from the library yesterday so haven't read much of it yet but seems pretty good.
                Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Lisbeth Salander may be back

I did read that there is another Steig Larsson manuscript that was 2/3 finished but the rights to it are tied up in litigation over his estate. So. . . hang in there, we may have one more!

Comment

I just finished reading a new book called The Outside Boy by Jeanine Cummins and want to say it's one of the best books I've read! Coming from a retired librarian of 30 years says a lot!

An 11 years old Irish boy living with his tinker/traveller/gypsy family comes to terms about the loss of his mother and the mystery surrounding this loss. It is poignant, prosaic and amazingly well written! I loved it and will recommend it for my book group.
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

"Forever Family"

Hot off the press! I attended a book-signing in her home on Saturday. Laurie Oswald Robinson is a personal friend of mine, and I walked through much of this journey with her.

It's the heart-breaking story of a couple who foster parented a child from age 5 months for over 2 years in a foster-to-adopt program, and, their loss of the child to her maternal birth grandparents.

The book is not thick; I read it in an evening, because, even though I knew how it ended, I couldn't put it down.

Here is a review:
                      http://www.mennoweekly.org/2010/12/2...-loss/?print=1

And, here is her blog.
                      http://talesofthetimesblog.blogspot.com/

~ Faith
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Right now I'm reading a fascinating book called "Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences".

After my mom died in 2005, I started reading books on this topic because I wanted to know what happened to her after she left us. This is a great book because it's by a physician who has done extensive studies pertaining to near-death experiences. His evidence is very compelling. I love reading about these experiences. They let you know that there is far more on the other side than we can even dream!
                        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I got my third copy of Blind Man's Bluff (Sherry Sontag and Chris Drew) for Christmas.
                          When this book first came out I was PO'd because its called The Silent Service for a reason. I did a grudge read just to shoot it down and figured out they weren't trying to disclose the operations but that they wanted to tell the storys of some guys who did some pretty remarkable stuff that no one was ever supposed to hear about.

Comment

Books I read

I just finished reading a young adult book called easily amused. It was cute and a fast read. I like to read young adult books once in awhile.

I am going to reread house of sand and fog which was also made into a movie. I loved both
                            Coral12

Comment

I am reading The Help. Really good read, read over 200 pages today. Got nothing else done, but I have cold, and yucks today, so I had lots of time to read.

JudySz

Comment

new to the booknook. i just got an e reader. am reading "wherever you go, there you are" by jon kabat-zinn. it`s a book on meditation.
                                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                                volunteer
                                MS World
                                hunterd@msworld.org
                                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                                X