• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 09-17-2020

5 checked in last week.

2 made goals.
    2 made partial goals.
    1 didn't set goals but reported.

Thanks, Boudreaux, for starting the thread without me. Usually, I ask Seasha to do that, but I neglected to request that last week. Also, I'm glad to see you back. You missed a week, i think.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't really state a goal since my time with guests was completed.

Th and F I was still busy playing with a toddler and a preschooler, getting up and down off the floor, etc.
    After they left, I did a tandem bike ride with my husband (probably about 2 miles) 1x.
    Silver Sneakers 1x

Average steps per day 1190 steps.

i was kind of in the take-it-easy-recover-from-visit mode but I'm Ok with what I did even though it was somewhat minimal so i'll say that I made goals.

My goal for next week is just to improve over this week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

i was kind of in the take-it-easy-recover-from-visit mode but I'm Ok with what I did even though it was somewhat minimal so i'll say that I made goals.

My goal for next week is just to improve over this week.
      Good goal met for recovering from company. I'm sure you will get back to normal routine for next week!

My week was also somewhat minimal due to the smoke filled skies, but I'll post making my modified goal.

DH vacuumed floor for me , so I finally was able to scrub some hardwood floors.
      Outside I worked more on cleaning up some garden beds and flower beds even tho I couldn't be out for long.

Didn't babysit as they went on vacation, but I made up for it by much needed house cleaning and extra stretching.

Hoping you all keep moving and have a wonderful week
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello everyone

Great efforts with moving and stretching, and accomplishing goals, Mamabug and Seasha!

~ I accomplished my exercise goals as well, although not as strenuous as the activities you both were engaged in.

Overall, my week went ok, with some challenging moments tossed in to keep me humble. (I'm not always able to trust my body to do what I want it to, which can be very unnerving - pun intended).

I continue to work on the breathing techniques, in order to reduce any anxiety that is triggered during these times. The nervousness only makes these moments worse.

I don't want to lose confidence in my current abilities, and yet don't want to be overconfident either.

In any case, I'm taking one day at a time and will continue with my exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Calm, perseverance, and acceptance for all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Looks like a pretty decent week all around.

Glad Mamabug enjoyed company and adjusted to the empty nest by jumping into an exercise routine so quickly. And Seasha, as usual, addressing household duties continues to reap benefits both in the exercise necessary, and in the "lift" acquired from seeing or consuming the results! [see below]

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          I don't want to lose confidence in my current abilities, and yet don't want to be overconfident either.
          Yeah. if ever MS was anything, it's a balancing act. Not enough or too much? Can I do that or not?
          Sweatshirt or T-shirt? Need to sit or gotta get up!? Do I use a push cart or can I get away with a basket today? KoKo we still somehow adapt, we succeed, establish a new routine... hoping to hold onto it for some sustained amount of time but ever ready to change... again. What a Life!

After all that I can report partial success this week. I hesitate to say that my strength and my poor grip (right arm) appear better for the last few weeks. Don't want to jinx it.

The cardio is still shy of pre-covid levels. Getting a tad worse... this weeks times being a minute slower than last week. Sigh.

Core work pretty good, but weak right leg may be weaker. Lastly; stretching routines appear to be harder. Double sigh.

I call it partial successful goals only because there were a few moments where I applied myself to activities of daily living (more like Seasha) and succeeded. Mind over matter if you will, or better to say the Lord gave me Patience. The accompanying lift allowed for more confidence when the next opportunity presented. And it went this way. All week, little things here and there got done. No moping about or whining. So a dose of pragmatism! I'll take it.

It wasn't as planned. So what.

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Yeah. if ever MS was anything, it's a balancing act. Not enough or too much? Can I do that or not?
            Sweatshirt or T-shirt? Need to sit or gotta get up!? Do I use a push cart or can I get away with a basket today? KoKo we still somehow adapt, we succeed, establish a new routine... hoping to hold onto it for some sustained amount of time but ever ready to change... again. What a Life!

Wow Jer! Bingo! Bullseye! Hit the nail on the head!

I call it partial successful goals only because there were a few moments where I applied myself to activities of daily living (more like Seasha) and succeeded. Mind over matter if you will, or better to say the Lord gave me Patience. The accompanying lift allowed for more confidence when the next opportunity presented. And it went this way. All week, little things here and there got done. No moping about or whining. So a dose of pragmatism! I'll take it.

It wasn't as planned. So what.

Very cool, Jer!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo,

Maybe it comes down to converting anything / everything into fuel to keep going?

Que sçals-Je? --Montaigne

Comment

Que sçals-Je? --Montaigne
                Most likely, a lot more than you are probably aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Most likely, a lot more than you are probably aware of.
                  Thanks KoKo... my trainer would give you a

Comment

...we still somehow adapt, we succeed, establish a new routine... hoping to hold onto it for some sustained amount of time but ever ready to change... again. What a Life! Let's keep at it!
                    I get it! It's an ever changing scenery - both the outward and inward landscape of our lives.

Good going KoKo and Jer for doing what you can when you can!

I'm wondering about Boudreaux -- hope he is ok!!
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

As well as I can be. Sorry for the late reply, been cruzin through the days lately.

Nice job working toward those goals everyone. I got my 2 night of Jiu Jitsu in but not much else. Haven't ran in a while and still failing to getting those stretches in. I've been a little tired lately, taking some naps here and there, going to bed earlier than usual and sleeping in more often. I have a funk I just can't shake off so I figure I might as well rest up. Keep it going....
                      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                        As well as I can be. Sorry for the late reply, been cruzin through the days lately.

Nice job working toward those goals everyone. I got my 2 night of Jiu Jitsu in but not much else. Haven't ran in a while and still failing to getting those stretches in. I've been a little tired lately, taking some naps here and there, going to bed earlier than usual and sleeping in more often. I have a funk I just can't shake off so I figure I might as well rest up. Keep it going....
                        Hello Boudreaux!

Resting up and recharging when tired is the best thing to do to get rejuvenated.

Hope you're feeling better soon, refreshed and renewed!

Comment

I get it! It's an ever changing scenery - both the outward and inward landscape of our lives.

I don't know if anyone could have chosen better words to express our journey, thank you Seasha!

Bourdreaux! We all know enough to listen to our bodies but keeping our head and heart in the moment is more important. Like Seasha just said about the outward & inward landscapes of our life. To be honest, wrestling with ourselves is harder than any other opponent.

Let's all keep at it.

Comment

Working...
                          X