West Coast Fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Coast Fires

Our hearts go out to those who are affected by the wide spread fires all along the west coast. We hope that everyone is staying safe!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    Our hearts go out to those who are affected by the wide spread fires all along the west coast. We hope that everyone is staying safe!
    indeed...I heard that some of these were suspected of being arson.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

We are in another fire season.

I'm in a So Cal 'flatland' suburb between 2 of the bigger fires and the smoke-filled skies are bad.

Ash has been falling this week, but luckily the predicted winds have not happened.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
        We are in another fire season.

I'm in a So Cal 'flatland' suburb between 2 of the bigger fires and the smoke-filled skies are bad.

Ash has been falling this week, but luckily the predicted winds have not happened.
        I hope you stay safe!

Our air quality is bad, smoky skies and the air stinks. I pray for all the people and wildlife that have lost their homes.

Comment

My heart goes out to all impacted. I heard on the news that the West Coast has the Top 3 cities with the poorest air quality in the world.

I pray you get some rain and that you all stay healthy, well, and safe.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Every year it gets more terrifying. The devastation is unbelievable. There have been so many years of drought and the offshore winds blow hot dry air that has traveled over the deserts to the beach communities. They started In the 1980s and have gotten progressively more extreme since. For awhile they were blaming Smokey the Bear but we are beyond that.

I went out today and the sun was a little orange ball amidst the haze. Dark at noon. We don’t even have any fires here. The smoke has drifted to inland states.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
              Every year it gets more terrifying.The devastation is unbelievable.
              Agree on this one!

I went out today and the sun was a little orange ball amidst the haze. Dark at noon. We don’t even have any fires here. The smoke has drifted to inland states.
              We haven't seen the sun at all for a few days now. Hopefully, we will get some rain here soon to clear our air, but further south looks bleak.

Fires out west. Hurricanes in the south east. Terribly scary events.

Comment

Just a reminder for those of us that are stuck living in and having to breathe this nasty smoke, change your car cabin air filter. It had been a few years since I changed the cabin air filter in our Volvo that we use to run errands and I was disgusted with how bad it was! The ash and dirt were clogging the filter so bad that it couldn't hold onto it, ash and dust were falling out of it as I carried it to the trash can. And to think we were breathing the air coming our of it, yuck! With a new filter the AC is working much better and I feel better knowing the air is actually being filtered. I think I'll change it again when fire season is finally over (if it ever is here!).

Comment

Working...
                X