light headed / faint feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light headed / faint feeling

Every now and then I get a lightheaded feeling / feeling faint. It comes on all the sudden and lasts for 15 min or so. I read this is a form of MS dizziness.
    Has any one experienced this? Has anyone actually passed out?

My doctor has checked other possibilities and everything looks normal. Plan to ask neurologist next follow up but wanted to know if others with MS have experienced this. Thank You.
    Susie
    "Knowledge is power"

Hi poozer13.

I have had this about 30 years. For me, I feel like everything is draining from my head down to my toes, then the light headed feeling. I have never fainted from it thankfully.

When I was younger, after blood tests and a few other tests, they thought it might have been tied to my menstrual cycle. But even in menopause, it never went away. No blood pressure issues. They did an at home monitoring of the heart and nothing showed. Blood work fine.

When I do have relapses, vertigo and lightheadedness are usually part of it, so not sure if some connection. No neuro has told me it is my MS though. I would love to know what your neuro says.

Take care.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I also have periods of feeling faint and light headed but thankfully have not passed out. It has been especially bad over the last month. I was worried about a flare but I think it is heat related. I have another MRI in October.

Comment

Oh Darling... this was one of my first symptoms waaayyyy back. And I have never gotten over it. Sometimes it goes on for weeks and months, every day. But it usually clears up sometime during the day. But returns the next day. I think it's the scariest symptom I have. It sure has altered my daily plans. I quit driving very far. I just stay in my little town. I've never fainted but have come very close. I think they call this Vasovagal something.. It's happened during a blood draw before. And it has happened here at home, for no apparent reason. I think dizziness is one of the hardest things for our doctors to diagnose and there doesn't seem to be any treatments. Hang in there.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

thank you

Thank you all for your responses. It is a scary symptom.
          @Marti I too have limited my driving because of this.
          I've had MS for over 13 years but this is new. Looking forward to seeing my neurologist and hearing what he says.
          MS is always full of fun surprises right?! Geez
          Susie
          "Knowledge is power"

Comment

Working...
          X