White matter MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White matter MRI

Can they tell if the brain lesions are MS related vs Lyme Disease.

i had a MRI in 2013 that’s did show lesions and due to new symptoms I had MRI of Brain, Cervical, Thorasic and Lumbar last month. New Brain Mri showed a bunch more lesions on Brain but spine is clear. I had evoked testing done and will get the results next week.

My neuro ordered a battery of auto immune testing and everything came back PERFECT (which is great) No auto immune disease and no Lyme disease. I have been tested for Lyme a lot over the years all negative.

Symptoms I’m experiencing started pins needles right foot then numbness which eventually has now spread to both legs, now arms and face, muscle twitching right thigh, muscle weakness arms heavy tired legs Lhermitts since June...if someone taps my lower extremities It feels like vibration (I say buzzing) and it’s so uncomfortable.

Hi CassCoop and welcome to MSWorld.

Brain lesions can have numerous causes. I am not very good at brain MRIs, but MS lesions tend to be in certain areas of the brain and a certain shape for MS lesions.

Lhermitte's sign is when you bend your head down and have abnormal sensations such as vibration/tingling/buzzing/electrical shock sensation. This can be repeated each time you bend your head down but will only last seconds.

Lhermitte's, like any symptoms, can be due to something other than MS. When related to MS, Lhermitte's is caused by cervical spinal cord lesions. Brain lesions do not cause the symptom of Lhermitte's.

if someone taps my lower extremities It feels like vibration (I say buzzing) and it’s so uncomfortable.
    In MS you cannot cause a symptom such as buzzing/vibration by touching your lower extremities.

Symptoms I’m experiencing started pins needles right foot then numbness which eventually has now spread to both legs
    Bilateral symptoms are not necessarily common MS, but can be. In MS bilateral symptoms tend to be related to the cervical spinal cord.

You said your spine MRIs were clear? Did you happen to have bulging or herniated discs? this can also cause Neurological symptoms but, is not related to MS.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X