• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 08-27-2020

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Silver Sneakers at rec center 1x
    Chair yoga at senior center 2x
    Strong seniors at senior center 2x
    PT at home . not this week

Average steps per day: 1205 steps. Steps improved. Was 877 average last week.

I continue to feel OK about 3-4x a week exercising; in fact, I'm doing a little better than that and I usually do. My goal for average steps per day will simply be to improve over last week. I'd like to slowly work up to meeting my previous goal of 2000 average steps a day.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good job, Mamabug~ Your steps improved and I'm sure they will keep improving!

I did not make my personal goal. I had a really bad fall on our concrete patio early on. I hit my right hip, my head and wrist. I have a HUGE! purple black bruise below my hip, strained my wrist and my neck is all messed up.

Had to put a halt to most of my work. Managed to make 4 qts of apple juice in two days and harvest some food to eat and that's about it. Needless to say, I'm hurting all over
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

I did not make my personal goal. I had a really bad fall on our concrete patio early on. I hit my right hip, my head and wrist. I have a HUGE! purple black bruise below my hip, strained my wrist and my neck is all messed up.
        Ohhh! I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you heal quickly!
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Thanks, Faith... at least I didn't break anything!

Comment

Hi everyone

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
            Silver Sneakers at rec center 1x
            Chair yoga at senior center 2x
            Strong seniors at senior center 2x
            PT at home . not this week

Average steps per day: 1205 steps. Steps improved. Was 877 average last week.
            Mamabug, you are doing fantastic with your exercises!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

Had to put a halt to most of my work. Managed to make 4 qts of apple juice in two days and harvest some food to eat and that's about it. Needless to say, I'm hurting all over
            Seasha, I'm so sorry to learn that you fell and are hurting badly. I know this can happen to any of us, at any moment, due to our impaired nerve signals that don't always obey our commands.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

~ I was fortunate this week, and accomplished my goals. Also thankful that I had no falls. I can sympathize with Seasha, as I have had several tumbles over the years. Definitely a fear of mine, that is always with me as I go about my day.

On a lighter note, my exercises went well. For the most part I had a good week (with a few challenging moments sprinkled in here and there).

My older sister brought more fresh vegetables, and also pickles and peppers, from her garden.

My younger sister (care helper) came over and helped alot (as usual). So I do feel blessed and grateful, even though life becomes more challenging as time passes.

I'm thinking of Boudreaux, and hope he and his family were spared from the storm.

Ok, back to exercising....

I will keep the same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Physical, mental, and emotional healing to all.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wow! Seasha ya gotta know that we don't bounce like we use to. Please feel better, take the week off.

Mamabug, sounds like you are coming back with a good week and steps. And KoKo, yeah, everyday presents a new challenge, or it seems that way. Was thinking about Bourdreaux and fam too. National maps appear to show Laura a bit removed from Mississippi.

Week here was pretty good although stretching today was so-so. Yesterday gym was intense with arm ROM, so I'm figuring that's the cause. Pretty good leg work earlier in week. And strength routines too... although, as KoKo said... "a few challenging moments sprinkled in." Elliptical & treadmill routines now very, very close to March shut down times & distances. And without feeling it in the days after... lagniappe!

Attitude remains upbeat despite the ongoing gloom (election, covid, hurricanes etc etc). My housekeeper is here as I peck away. It's hard to be anything other than positive around her. She is inspiring.

So, despite a bit of anxiousness on my part about getting my laundry list of stuff done before first frost... life goes on!

Mamabug, mark me down as a goal accomplished kind of guy!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Week here was pretty good although stretching today was so-so. Yesterday gym was intense with arm ROM, so I'm figuring that's the cause. Pretty good leg work earlier in week. And strength routines too... although, as KoKo said... "a few challenging moments sprinkled in." Elliptical & treadmill routines now very, very close to March shut down times & distances. And without feeling it in the days after... lagniappe!
                Great to hear, Jer! You possess a determination that is very admirable.

Attitude remains upbeat despite the ongoing gloom (election, covid, hurricanes etc etc). My housekeeper is here as I peck away. It's hard to be anything other than positive around her. She is inspiring.
                She is a blessing and a gift for you!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wow! Seasha ya gotta know that we don't bounce like we use to. Please feel better, take the week off.
                  Well, with harvesting happening, there's no time off. Just a big slow down.

Elliptical & treadmill routines now very, very close to March shut down times & distances. And without feeling it in the days after... lagniappe!
                  YAY, Jer! Way to go and what a bonus!

Sure hope Boudreaux is OK!

Comment

Working...
                  X