Whistling in ear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whistling in ear?

Just curious if anyone has experienced a constant whistling in your ear? Was it a result of your MS or did you wind up with some other cause, like Meniere's Disease, ear infection, or other?

I made sure no wax build-up and I wear a night guard for teeth grinding, so those 2 causes should be ruled out .

Thankfully, it is a low frequency that really only annoys me if no background noise. Too bad I can't program it to a favorite song at least 🙄
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Hi Kathy,

Could this possibly be tinnitus? I've had this for many years which started out as a low frequency humming noise. Sometimes it was a static noise, high pitched ringing, or buzzing. Now it's constant ringing.

If this becomes constant or enough to really annoy you, then you may want an evaluation by an audiologist to get tested.

https://hearinghealthfoundation.org/diagnosing-tinnitus

Hopefully, this is just a fluke and will go away on its own accord!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I've had non-stop ringing in my right ear for over a year. Had the ENT tests which were inconclusive. So they batted me back to the neuro with the decision that this was neurological. But no treatment was ordered.

Let us know what you find out.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Thanks Seasha and Marti. Mine is definitely a low frequency whistling, so weird. I have had ringing before during a relapse. It started last night. Will give it some time and see if it resolves.

Sorry you both have chronic issues with noise in your ears.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My ears started ringing a couple of weeks ago but it's not a constant ringing. It comes out of nowhere last several minutes to hours than stops. Starts again and does the same thing. Sometimes stops me in my tracks, sometimes just a low buzzing.

Will it progress to continuous? Is there a med for it? Geez!
          DIAGNOSED=2012
          ISSUES LONG BEFORE
          REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
          X