• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 08-20-2020

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

HaHa! I just started a new thread for this week. Guess we posted at the same time!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made goals

Silver Sneakers at rec center 1x
      Chair yoga at senior center 2x
      Strong seniors at senior center 2x
      PT at home 1x

Average steps per day: 877 steps. Garmin synced!

That's really low; my goal used to be an average of 2000 per day. Oh well, now I have a new baseline. My goal for group exercise and PT at home will be the same. I feel OK about 3-4x a week. My goal for average steps per day will simply be to improve over last week.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I made my goal this past week:

Still out in the garden harvesting and watering.

I started helping to babysit for my granddaughter a couple weeks ago. Only outdoors and all wearing masks when needed. Just for about 3 hours each week.

Still washing our patio from junk and dried up moss. I'm almost done! Slow work for a large area, but little by little gets it done.

So, I STILL need to clean my pantry and kitchen floors. Please encourage me or bug me to get it done by next week. It's really bad news...

Hope everyone has successes this week!

Comment

Hi everyone

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          Silver Sneakers at rec center 1x
          Chair yoga at senior center 2x
          Strong seniors at senior center 2x
          PT at home 1x

Average steps per day: 877 steps. Garmin synced!
          Terrific job, Mamabug!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          I made my goal this past week:

Still out in the garden harvesting and watering.

I started helping to babysit for my granddaughter a couple weeks ago. Only outdoors and all wearing masks when needed. Just for about 3 hours each week.

Still washing our patio from junk and dried up moss. I'm almost done! Slow work for a large area, but little by little gets it done.
          Super job being active, Seasha!

You'll get to the pantry and floors when the spirit moves you to do so.

I accomplished my goals, with a little extra focus on my legs. Exercises went well.

I'm getting some positive results with the application of breathing techniques to bring about the relaxation response. A valuable asset to have.

No predicaments this week, yay!

I'm going for the same goals next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

A calm spirit, peace of mind, and perseverance to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

Great week Mamabug! Glad the Garmin is back and working.

And Seasha... another strong week. Always amazed that you continue to apply yourself to the chores that you do! It may be my need for supervision or direction but to self motivate myself and accomplish the tasks you set!?! Admirable... that's all I can say.

A strong week for you too KoKo! Glad you are having some positive results as to any relaxation response. The word only enters my vocabulary at about 2 hours before I rise in the AM. I know that is the best I'm gonna feel all day, outside of very tired from a good exercise session. Segued into my week....

Did the usual daily stretching routine (6 days @ 30 minutes each). Have noticed it has become very hard to establish and maintain overhead & behind back positions (even briefly) with pole.

Hit gym for 3 sessions 2 hours each. Finally back to mid March benchmarks, but like the stretching, some leg, some arm ROM & strength loss.

Still looking to shed the 5-speed truck. Still looking to get things done around here that I can no longer do, or do well.
            Weather has been exceptional which lifts every mask wearing soul I know!

Neighbor gave a call to be on the lookout for a mama black bear and her 3 cubs. They came around and I enjoyed seeing them. Didn't feel quite the same when the following day I walked by my glass sliders and mama and a cub were literally on the other side. Let it be known that bears are much bigger even when they maintain the correct social distance of 6'.... Black as night too!

I kept moving and although our eyes met all remained cordial. She made a quick departure. Should have entered this in the gratitudes thread...

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Glad you are having some positive results as to any relaxation response. The word only enters my vocabulary at about 2 hours before I rise in the AM.
              I hear you, Jer. For me, it's like there's a low-level anxiety always lurking beneath the surface, ready to ambush at any moment.

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Did the usual daily stretching routine (6 days @ 30 minutes each). Have noticed it has become very hard to establish and maintain overhead & behind back positions (even briefly) with pole.

Hit gym for 3 sessions 2 hours each. Finally back to mid March benchmarks, but like the stretching, some leg, some arm ROM & strength loss.
              Great effort, as usual, Jer!

I totally understand what a bitter pill that loss of strength can be. Maintaining what we can, for as long as we can, seems to be the name of the game.

PS - Your bear encounters kinda scare me!
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Great job everyone on making your goals!

Jer - we've had mama bears with triplets here too. The apples will be ripe from our trees in about a month, so maybe I'll get another chance to view. This time I have my scooter for a quick getaway plan. They are magnificent creatures, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  This time I have my scooter for a quick getaway plan. They are magnificent creatures, aren't they?
                  Don't forget a bear horn, or some other loud noise maker.

Comment

Solid work everyone. Nice to see you guys getting it done.

I had a decent week and although I'm in a bit of slump I'm still moving....

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....I actually got 3 in. 150%
                    2 runs at 3 miles each.....I got one in and decided that its just to dog on hot, I'll shelf that goal for now.
                    I didn't do any stretching either, maybe I'll see if I can get some in this week.

Keep it going.
                    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Nice work out, Boudreaux Here's hoping for some cooler weather your way!

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                        I had a decent week and although I'm in a bit of slump I'm still moving....
                        You may not have hit your desired goals, but since moving is our bottom line, you were successful, Boudreaux.

Comment

Working...
                        X