Anyone have side effects and stop after 3 pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have side effects and stop after 3 pills

Hello, I've been on Copaxone since 2003. Glatiramer acetate for a year now. Stopped the injections in July and decided to try the Aubagio as Dr. thought it might be the best choice for me. I'm older and have many other health issue, lots of allergies to food and medications, pancreatic Insufficiency have to take enzymes every time I eat. Severe Osteoporosis have had 15 fractures in my spine and a few ribs. Many bowel and stomach issues. I also have Celiac disease . So putting anything in my stomach is a challenge.

Started the 7 mg Aubagio and took it with food hoping to not get nauseated. Two days of nothing but severe nausea and then my left hand went completely numb. So sick I couldn't even think about trying to eat anything. Kept trying to drink as much water as possible as I understand that you need lots of water with this medication. Talked myself into one more try, on the third day still too sick to really get up and function, then the added numbness.

I think I'm already done .. I felt so much better before I started this medication. Guess I'll call the doctor today as I can't bring myself to take another pill.

Hope I don't have to do the wash for 3 pills.

Thanks for any input form others who had to give up soon.

May you all have a Blessed Day
    Lynn, Proud Gold Star Mom of
    Cpl Christopher W. Belchik
    KIA IRAQ August 22, 2004

I'm sorry you've had such trouble!
    Do you have a problem with milk/dairy or corn? There is both lactose and cornstarch in Aubagio.I'm not sure about the amount of either, but...
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Had liver enzymes issues after 2 weeks. Stopped and have been on ocrevus since October '17. MRI'S have been stable.

Comment

Working...
      X