• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 08-13-2020

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

I just want to say that this group is so good at encouraging each other.

I. mostly, don't often comment on the successes that each of you make. Most weeks, just starting this thread and reporting on my week is all of the motivation I have for our Goalposters group. So, I just wanted to thank all of you for taking the next step and commenting to each of us individually so regularly. It really is encouraging when the rest of you do that.

Thanks!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals

Silver Sneakers at rec center 1x
    Chair yoga at senior center 2x
    Strong seniors at senior center 1x
    PT at home 1x

Garmin still experiencing an outage so I can't document steps.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So glad you made your goal once again, Mamabug. You're on a roll

I made my goal as well. Same as last week---weeding, harvesting and watering the gardens. I am now going to invite friends over to help pick blueberries to take home with them.

I also managed to start washing our wrap around porch and patio with a jet pressured hose nozzle. It was quite a site...my rollator and I got a good soaking too

Hope to finish it next week.

Stay healthy and keep moving
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

I also managed to start washing our wrap around porch and patio with a jet pressured hose nozzle. It was quite a site...my rollator and I got a good soaking too
        Lol. Oh no!
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hello everyone!

Mamabug and Seasha ~ super job with goals!

Thankfully, I accomplished my exercise goals also.

My week went ok for the most part. I did get into a couple of predicaments that required me to call my younger sister and ask her to come and help me to get out of.

I tend to feel a little defeated when that happens, but I'm putting it behind me now so that I don't wallow in it. As you know by now, I am averse to holding on to negative thoughts. I'm very fortunate that I have help when needed.

So now, looking forward to a better week!

Same goals for next week, with a little extra leg work added.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Perseverance and peace of mind to everyone.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mamabug... You nailed it regarding the positive attitudes here. I think of it as getting to take a second breath and coming back with fresh resolve. Reporting the week is one thing but listening to others comments & insights can center us, bringing us back into the moment. Kinda like KoKo says...

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            I tend to feel a little defeated when that happens, but I'm putting it behind me now so that I don't wallow in it.

There is an acceptable amount of facing the reality of the moment, but to relive it to dwell on it, nah, just not healthy. BTW you both and Seasha had decent weeks! Mine was pretty good too.

6 days of stretching with w. weights & pole @ 30 minutes each. All done in early morning sun! Nice weather this past week in my neck of the woods. Also 3 afternoons at gym with 30 minutes mixed cardio followed by 90 minutes of arm / leg / core work. Mostly machines with some floor work too, @ trainers discretion.

Have noticed more weakness in poor right leg. Leg collapsed on me during a routine that wasn't really strenuous. I know what that "little defeated" feels like. My cheerleader ignored it and we move on. Things like this happen. There will be more.

On a side note, a business acquaintance confided his DX of PPMS recently. The other day after a business call he mentioned themsgym.com suggesting I check it out. I didn't do a thorough investigation but was interested enough to pass it on to others for their thoughts....

Hope I am allowed to post it!? I apologize if not.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              On a side note, a business acquaintance confided his DX of PPMS recently. The other day after a business call he mentioned themsgym.com suggesting I check it out. I didn't do a thorough investigation but was interested enough to pass it on to others for their thoughts....

Hope I am allowed to post it!? I apologize if not.
              Yes Jer, that would be great!

I posted one of his videos for our member gellexi in her 'Knees can barely bend' thread in the Spasticity sub-forum (MS Symptoms and Treatments).
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I tend to feel a little defeated when that happens, but I'm putting it behind me now so that I don't wallow in it. As you know by now, I am averse to holding on to negative thoughts. I'm very fortunate that I have help when needed.
                This is a great reminder and positive attitude, KoKo, as your reflective thinking in your signature states. You managed to achieve your goal regardless!

And you too, Jer, as you state...
                My cheerleader ignored it and we move on. Things like this happen. There will be more.
                You had a great workout!

I love how we all try to push through despite the circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

I just want to say that this group is so good at encouraging each other.
                  Agreed
                  It really is encouraging when the rest of you do that.
                  It is....and its great to see progress when an individual isn't doing so well and then is able to bounce back.

Silver Sneak

Garmin still experiencing an outage so I can't document steps.
                  Good work on achieving your goals. My Garmin seems to be working fine for me.

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

I made my goal as well.
                  Nice work. Those gardens are a lot of work.

Thankfully, I accomplished my exercise goals also.

I tend to feel a little defeated when that happens, but I'm putting it behind me now
                  great job...on both accounts.
                  6 days of stretching with w. weights & pole @ 30 minutes each. All done in early morning sun! Nice weather this past week in my neck of the woods.
                  Nice....solid work.
                  themsgym.com
                  I'll check it out.

I was able to make partial goals...
                  2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done
                  2 runs at 3 miles each.....got one in
                  Didn't get any stretching in...for a while now and I can tell. I need to get back into it. This whole quarantine business has really thrown me for a loop but it could always be worse.

Keep it going.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                    Good work Boudreaux - partial goals are better than no goal. We do what we can when we can

Comment

6 days of stretching with w. weights & pole @ 30 minutes each. All done in early morning sun! Nice weather this past week in my neck of the woods. Also 3 afternoons at gym with 30 minutes mixed cardio followed by 90 minutes of arm / leg / core work. Mostly machines with some floor work too, @ trainers discretion.
                      Tremendous effort put forth in your workouts, Jer! Nicely done.

Glad for you that you enjoyed the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux
                        Didn't get any stretching in...for a while now and I can tell. I need to get back into it.
                        You did swell (old word) with partial goals, Boudreaux (for being a busy family man).

Good luck with squeezing in some stretches next week. They can be time consuming, but beneficial, as we all know.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                          This whole quarantine business has really thrown me for a loop but it could always be worse.
                          Yeah, this mask / distance stuff is wearing thin... Good luck with the stretching this coming week and thanks for the uplifting comments!

Comment

Working...
                          X